When will I know!

24 minutes ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

It can be up to 2 days before the cruise but I suspect that there is some movement. Today I checked the bids I made which were for a RS or a PH and they have expired the bid for the RS but the PH is still pending. 

How do you check the bids? I have not heard anything from Celebrity other than the Offer Received email.

4 minutes ago, PBTravelBug said:

How do you check the bids? I have not heard anything from Celebrity other than the Offer Received email.

If you still have the email you received when you made your bid it will look a bit like this

Upgrade To

Offer

Total

Royal Suite

IMPORTANT: If you did not request this change, please reply to this email.

If your bid has not already been accepted, you can modify or cancel it up until 48 hours prior to your departure time by clicking HERE.

If you click on the blue "Here" in your email it will open up the bid window and it will tell you the status of the other bids you made (providing you made more than one). I checked mine today and noticed that the status of the RS one shows as expired.  

9 minutes ago, hopeless holiday booker said:

i know it can be very near your cruise but I just wondered if people had heard a week before, a month before?

Some hear soon, some much later. If you look at the sticky thread and read through the responses, there really isn't any real pattern. We just all have to be patient and wait. 

Just now, Gordoncruickshank said:

If you still have the email you received when you made your bid it will look a bit like this

Upgrade To

Offer

Total

Royal Suite

IMPORTANT: If you did not request this change, please reply to this email.

If your bid has not already been accepted, you can modify or cancel it up until 48 hours prior to your departure time by clicking HERE.

If you click on the blue "Here" in your email it will open up the bid window and it will tell you the status of the other bids you made (providing you made more than one). I checked mine today and noticed that the status of the RS one shows as expired.  

Great - thank you! Just checked it out in my email and there has been no change so the offer is still out there from Celebrity to consider. Appreciate your help.

2 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

It can be up to 2 days before the cruise but I suspect that there is some movement. Today I checked the bids I made which were for a RS or a PH and they have expired the bid for the RS but the PH is still pending. 

Fingers and toes crossed for you! 

10 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Fingers and toes crossed for you! 

Thank you. I have done all I can but it won’t spoil our cruise is if doesn’t happen. I am probably working on the basis it won’t happen so if it does it may spoil us for life. I will let you know the outcome.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

Thank you. I have done all I can but it won’t spoil our cruise is if doesn’t happen. I am probably working on the basis it won’t happen so if it does it may spoil us for life. I will let you know the outcome.

The S class PH didn’t spoil us for life...Don’t get me wrong, we thoroughly enjoyed the decadence of light and space when we splurged on it for our Norwegian cruise...However, the RS is a great room in its own right and with the second half bathroom, big windows and all the same perks as the PH it generally suits us fine...We happily have done RS cruises after being in the PH.

Now the M class PH is another story...it is just so much nicer than the RS. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

The S class PH didn’t spoil us for life...Don’t get me wrong, we thoroughly enjoyed the decadence of light and space when we splurged on it for our Norwegian cruise...However, the RS is a great room in its own right and with the second half bathroom, big windows and all the same perks as the PH it generally suits us fine...We happily have done RS cruises after being in the PH.

Now the M class PH is another story...it is just so much nicer than the RS. 

Just had the email confirming we are now in 1611. Really did not expect it. We didn’t try and get it by playing the bidding process. We just offered the maximum bod but the overall cost is no more than £13k for 12 nights. 

I actually booked an S2 for 21 nights in 2022 on the Equinox today trying to downsize as I retire and we will be quite happy with that as well.

45 minutes ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

Just had the email confirming we are now in 1611. Really did not expect it. We didn’t try and get it by playing the bidding process. We just offered the maximum bod but the overall cost is no more than £13k for 12 nights. 

I actually booked an S2 for 21 nights in 2022 on the Equinox today trying to downsize as I retire and we will be quite happy with that as well.

Absolutely thrilled for you...I expect lots of feedback so we can be ready for our PH adventure in October! 

We will try and not make too much mess. Don’t worry we are the type that makes sure that the place is tidy before the room attendant comes in. We don’t want them talking about us.

W
e had friends on a cruise around 5 years ago in a RS next to a PH. The PH had been reffed off despite issues we had with our RS (smells in toilet and outside from the balcony jacuzzi that invaded the whole place).

They invited all their pals on the piano was blaring. 

12 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

Just checked it is definitely 1611 we are in so take off your shoes when you enter the room!

10 hours ago, hopeless holiday booker said:

That's so exciting.  Someone else is going to be disappointed! Cabin crawl here we come?

Make sure you post some pictures if you are allowed in!