Sitmar/P&O 1989 Cruises

Stratman77

Hi, I am needing information for a Sitmar/P&O cruise we took in March 1989. All we can find are 2 photos. One taken by an on-board photographer shows us at dinner with my in-laws, and another shows my wife at the Champagne Tree wearing the same dress and the date is 19/03/1989. I suspect it was the cruise immediately before the Easter cruise, and on the Fairstar out of Sydney. P&O are apparently not able to find passenger manifests that long ago (pre-computer) or unwilling to try. Like many other members, we are trying to add to our history for Princess Captain's Circle credits as we have booked 3 of their cruises this year. We also remember a P&O Christmas cruise in 1983, but the P&O Loyalty department won't check their records without more details. Any info would be gratefully appreciated.

do they recognise sitmar cruises,?

went on the fairstar to fiji ect

when i was a kid we went in 1976...

i still have the Pax booklet were everyone on board was written down,

they gave every cabin a copy..weres yours...

good luck either way

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2020 at 8:04 PM, challis said:

good luck either way

We were given a booklet with the full passenger list on our cruise on the Fairstar in 1983, but not on subsequent cruises. The practice was discontinued "for privacy reasons".

On 1/28/2020 at 9:04 PM, challis said:

good luck either way

They do recognise Sitmar back to 1966.  I was on Castel Felice in 66 and got 42 credited to my Captains Princess Circle.  I still had my immigration certificate with the ships name and date on it.  The Princess Circle lady said they need positive proof of sailings to add to your days, but mine was good enough, I faxed it into Princess after the cruise, this was about 15 years ago.

Edited by NSWP

• 7 months later...
On 1/24/2020 at 10:32 AM, Stratman77 said:

Hi, I am needing information for a Sitmar/P&O cruise we took in March 1989. All we can find are 2 photos. One taken by an on-board photographer shows us at dinner with my in-laws, and another shows my wife at the Champagne Tree wearing the same dress and the date is 19/03/1989. I suspect it was the cruise immediately before the Easter cruise, and on the Fairstar out of Sydney. P&O are apparently not able to find passenger manifests that long ago (pre-computer) or unwilling to try. Like many other members, we are trying to add to our history for Princess Captain's Circle credits as we have booked 3 of their cruises this year. We also remember a P&O Christmas cruise in 1983, but the P&O Loyalty department won't check their records without more details. Any info would be gratefully appreciated.

Sorry unable to help. My first ever cruise was on the Fairstar in 1988 then in 1990 with my family, must have got the cruise bug as started cruising more often since 1996. Went again on the Fairstar in 1996 without the parents as was legal then!!! Had the time best time ever 🥳.