Disembarking in Australia

bbtondo

My cruise ends  in Sydney.  The ship gets there one day and stays overnight and then the cruise ends the next day.  I'm looking at a 10AM flight home on the last day.  Since the ship gets into Sydney the day before, can I leave the ship on the last day early in the morning, say 5AM?  I would be carrying my luggage off the ship myself. Thanks!

Edited by bbtondo

I would contact TellUs@Vikingcruises.com and ask this question.  We are doing this on our New York-San Juan cruise in October.  We get in on one day, and we’re leaving the ship at 4:30 the next morning for our flight.  It will depend on when the personnel is available to facilitate your exit from the ship!!  Safe travels.  Jan

I appreciate your response.  I am contacting Viking directly, but was looking for people's experience on this.  I assume that the ship "clears" when they get to Sydney and was hoping to just leave early the next morning for our flight as you are doing.

It should not be a problem if you can take your own luggage off the ship. The ship will have cleared customs when you arrive the day before so you should be able to walk off at anytime.

we had friends on our cruise last year that disembarked (in Sydney) at 0430 Cant say I got up to see them off 😂 but they didn’t have any problems 

Edited by mhb1757

If you get off the ship at 5am, and get a taxi, the trip from White Bay Terminal to the airport should take no more than 30 minutes - there shouldn't be much traffic at that hour. And the airport is in the city as opposed to many that are an hour or more away from the dock. We disembarked from the Celebrity Solstice at Circular Key on the weekend and caught a taxi at 7.30am and were at the domestic airport within 30 minutes.