Freedom of Seas questions?

Whitnee1

2 hours ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Have stayed in 1400 (corner aft balcony)... my favorite cabin...I have never heard any noise from windjamer...As far as balcony dividers, not sure but I do believe they can be opened on Indy (sister ship)

How many people did you have in 1404? I have two people and RC says will only book for 3 or more

10 hours ago, Whitnee1 said:

How many people did you have in 1404? I have two people and RC says will only book for 3 or more

RCL has started not allowing only 2 to book a 3 or 4 berth cabin. They are trying to maximize their revenue. There are ways to "beat the system" if you really want to be in that cabin. I think there is a Kids Sail Free promo going on right now. Book a kid in that cabin with you and then have the kid be a no show.

I've stayed in 1406.  No noise.  No breeze either.  Gets hot on the balcony.  

And it's funny that it was mentioned to book a 3rd and have a no show.  We always are 3 and book a 4 JS (or GS).  Friends of ours wanted to book an OV for Freedom in April and come with us.  They were 3 but Royal would allow them to book an OV unless they were 2 or 4.  If they wanted 3, they were only allowed to book a JS (yes I faked this booked to confirm this was the case).  So they booked a 4 with a 4th and will just have a ghost show up.  And it was about 1k cheaper for 4 than 3.  Made me think of all the times I booked with 3 and what I"ve paid extra for the 3rd.  By that, I mean I believe the first two are more when you book 3 than would be if you book 4.  So basically they "tax" you for leaving that 4th berth empty.