Cab fare port to Botanical gardens in PV

wheezedr

Quick question for the PV experts, thanks Ine and Hank.  What is a ballpark figure for the taxi fare from the port to the Botanical garden.   Need to know when I negotiate pretrip. I am only looking one way as I suspect we will bus back to town and spend some time there before returning to the ship.   I realize that picking up the cab outside the port will be the best option.  Thanks in advance.

With taxis and that distance, everything is negotiable.  Uber would normally charge about 400 Pesos (one way) although that price will vary based on surge pricing.  I would make an estimated guess that a regular taxi (the kind you get outside the port) would want about 500 pesos.  If you try to pay in US Dollars they might ask for about $30.

Hank

Uber will indeed be the cheapest, although when it is busy they charge a higher price. Recently there have been some complaints about charging even when passenger had left the car already. Be aware of that. If we donot drive our car here we certainly prefer to use Uber when not driving ourselves.

Taxis are negotiable, but those in and near the port will try to charge a higher price since they will assume you are a cruise passenenger. So always negiociate.  I realy have no idea what the rate will be but I think Pesos 500  as Hank states might be possible, but probably higher. it is a long but nice drive along the coast. 

Also check the guides offering tours at the dock. Maybe they can organise a small group to share.

As Ine mentions, there have been a few reports of folks being ripped off by a some Uber drivers who essentially keep the meter running after you have reached your destination.  This actually happened to us, last year, after taking an Uber to a local restaurant.  We did quickly contact Uber who immediately refunded the extra charge and told us they would take action against the dishonest driver.  In our case it was easy to prove our case since we had reservations at a restaurant where we are well known.  This has only happened to us once out of dozens of Uber rides but one should always check their Uber ride receipt.  

It also is wise to pay via your Uber account rather then in cash as can be done in Mexico.

Hank

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

We vacationed in PV for a couple of weeks in August. It was our first visit to the beautiful Botanical Gardens, even though we’ve visited numerous times since our Honeymoon in 1986. Definitely a highlight of ALL our trips!!  We had a car rental. Beautiful green country. Excellent choice on “What To Do”!!

🙂🙂

Bobbi & Ken

62CC776A-8559-4671-8F19-59A8C5C76858.jpeg

049ED520-D2BD-4343-97F9-C0BAEF5D5E3B.jpeg

7C127ACF-D64E-4112-B262-DDF0504549EA.jpeg

F1DA67CA-9FD8-457D-B56F-4EE4734FE1DD.jpeg

B5B6E3C5-9E4C-4F4E-A4F0-9AF9F70FE8FD.jpeg

57A21CEA-2079-4D7A-9065-7974F34C1470.jpeg