Compensation for Flight Delay

WilsonGR

We booked a Fly/Cruise with P&O through our travel agent.  On the return flight the airplane was delayed for 28hrs in Barbados.  P&O used TUI for the flights.  Does anyone know who we should request compensation from? Is it P&O or TUI?  What is the best procedure re gaining compensation?

It’s TUI

We used the Resolver website (Martin Lewis of Moneysavingexpert advises).  Very, very simple.  Go to the site & it’s a step by step process.

€600 per person

This derives from EU Regulations.  I assume it remains as previously during the transition period.  I’ve not heard anything about what might happen after.  I tend to think we’ll miss out ...

7 minutes ago, eddie11 said:

It’s TUI

We used the Resolver website (Martin Lewis of Moneysavingexpert advises).  Very, very simple.  Go to the site & it’s a step by step process.

€600 per person

This derives from EU Regulations.  I assume it remains as previously during the transition period.  I’ve not heard anything about what might happen after.  I tend to think we’ll miss out ...

The compensation rules will continue but the government have said that they may or may not change them in the future. I had a TUI flight delayed by 28 hours over xmas and did nor even have to fill a form in. I got the €400 compensation last week

We were on the same flight, i have just filled in a compensation form on the tui site and will await a reply.

Can you also claim off your insurance?

P.S. This delay was handled very poorly by p&o, one rep at hotel we were put up in and she was not good at

keeping people informed which resulted in a lot of angry passengers!

Also the note given by tui says 28 delay,it was 32!

2 hours ago, clarets said:

We were on the same flight, i have just filled in a compensation form on the tui site and will await a reply.

P.S. This delay was handled very poorly by p&o, one rep at hotel we were put up in and she was not good at

I believe it is actually 28 working days

Just a note to WilsonGR, the tui letter given at the end of the flight is incorrect in that it states we were delayed 28.49hrs

but it was nearer 32 and the absolute shocker that due to being tired only realised when talking to my own insurance was

the statement on our letter of IMPORTANT INFORMATION is scheduled time of departure...21:55 1st of feb,

Actual time of departure 02:44 2nd feb  which if correct would mean less than 5hrs overdue and under this is the line

Total length of delay 28hr and 49 minutes.

19 hours ago, clarets said:

They have not factored in the extra 3hrs flying time we had (11 instead of 8) as we had to be within 1hr of land