Car rental at Miami Port?

Hi, we are on the Symphony of the Seas cruise of Febr 22 out of Miami. 16 days & counting

When we come back on the 29th, we want to do a car rental for the 3 days we are staying on in Miami. Is there a car rental facility directly at the Miami RC port? If yes, are all rental companies there? I like to rent from Alamo if possible, but not a must. Or is the only option to take a shuttle/taxi/Uber from the Port to Miami Int. Airport? #daretoask 

There are rental agencies downtown.  Enterprise, Budget, Alamo, Hertz. Take a taxi.

Also in Miami Beach. 

Ask out on the Florida Departures Boards here and locals or others who have used rentals to get to or from port will give details of their experiences. 

• Thanks 1

Hertz, Avis, and Budget have downtown Miami locations that are very close to the Port Of Miami. If you want to rent from Alamo, National, Enterprise, Dollar, or Thrifty they have free shuttle bus service from the Port Of Miami to the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center which is located directly across from the Miami International Airport. When you exit the terminal flag down the shuttle. Some drivers will ask to see your rental car reservation before they allow you to board the shuttle. Once on the shuttle it is a short fifteen minute ride to the Rental Car Center. The Rental Car Center is open twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. They normally have plenty of employees on duty, especially during daytime hours. There’s always plenty of vehicles available and in most cases the prices are reasonable.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Corby114 said:

Hertz, Avis, and Budget have downtown Miami locations that are very close to the Port Of Miami. If you want to rent from Alamo, National, Enterprise, Dollar, or Thrifty they have free shuttle bus service from the Port Of Miami to the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center which is located directly across from the Miami International Airport. When you exit the terminal flag down the shuttle. Some drivers will ask to see your rental car reservation before they allow you to board the shuttle. Once on the shuttle it is a short fifteen minute ride to the Rental Car Center. The Rental Car Center is open twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. They normally have plenty of employees on duty, especially during daytime hours. There’s always plenty of vehicles available and in most cases the prices are reasonable.

Do you know if Budget is included in the shuttles?

Thank you.

I personally know that Hertz, Avis, and Budget doesn’t  shuttle customers to the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center. If you see any of the above three company shuttles at the Port Of Miami they most likely are transporting passengers to their downtown locations. I would personally contact Budget by calling the downtown Miami location to confirm if they do provide shuttle service. 

3 minutes ago, Corby114 said:

I personally know that Hertz, Avis, and Budget doesn’t  shuttle customers to the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center. If you see any of the above three company shuttles at the Port Of Miami they most likely are transporting passengers to their downtown locations.

Yep.  We rented an Avis car after our Equinox cruise a couple of years ago - after a long wait (>45 minutes), the shuttle took us to their 1st Ave location.  It's a small location, so be prepared to wait in line.

--bruce T.

• Thanks 1

Just remember that the downtown Miami locations are a lot smaller and busier than the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center. On weekend turnaround days, especially in the winter months when up two eight cruise ships are berthed at the Port Of Miami the downtown Miami locations are crazy busy. If your not in a rush be prepared to wait for customer service. I personally always hop on the shuttle and pick up my rental vehicle at the MIA Rental Car Center.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corby114 said:

Just remember that the downtown Miami locations are a lot smaller and busier than the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center. On weekend turnaround days, especially in the winter months when up two eight cruise ships are berthed at the Port Of Miami the downtown Miami locations are crazy busy. If your not in a rush be prepared to wait for customer service. I personally always hop on the shuttle and pick up my rental vehicle at the MIA Rental Car Center.

What shuttle are you hopping on?

Alamo, National, and Enterprise are owned by the same company so when I rent from either one of them I use there shared shuttle to get me to the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center. If renting from Dollar or Thrifty they two are owned by the same company so I use there shared shuttle.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Corby114 said:

Alamo, National, and Enterprise are owned by the same company so when I rent from either one of them I use there shared shuttle to get me to the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center. If renting from Dollar or Thrifty they two are owned by the same company so I use there shared shuttle.

Ok,  Thanks.   Guessing nothing for budget then.   

Avis, Hertz, and Budget Do Not provide free shuttle service from the Port Of Miami to the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center. If you observe a shuttle operating at the Port Of Miami from either of the three above mentioned companies they are providing service to their downtown Miami locations.

5 hours ago, Corby114 said:

Avis, Hertz, and Budget Do Not provide free shuttle service from the Port Of Miami to the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center. If you observe a shuttle operating at the Port Of Miami from either of the three above mentioned companies they are providing service to their downtown Miami locations.

Thank you for the info.   Guess a Uber.