Best Cell and Internet service options with ATT in FP

Verokaren

I will be on the Oceania Regatta sailing to FP in mid-March, and am trying to decide if it's worth it to buy the AT&T $100 package, or just use the $10/day option.  I understand several of the islands do not have any WiFi.  We have used the Oceania WiFi before, and know it is slow, especially at peak times.  I appreciate any advice from past experience/knowledge!

Karen

6 hours ago, Verokaren said:

I will be on the Oceania Regatta sailing to FP in mid-March, and am trying to decide if it's worth it to buy the AT&T $100 package, or just use the $10/day option.  I understand several of the islands do not have any WiFi.  We have used the Oceania WiFi before, and know it is slow, especially at peak times.  I appreciate any advice from past experience/knowledge!

Karen

Karen....if you'd consider it we used Tahiti Wifi for 3 weeks last winter and it was wonderful. 5Gb was enough for me and only 50EU for up to 30 days. Probably not tho if AT&T offers both at $100.

No Wifi service at all in Nuku Hiva, Rangiroa and Fakarava.

https://www.tahitiwifi.com/polynesia.html

Edited by Petoonya

12 hours ago, Verokaren said:

Thank you, Petoonya!  Does the Tahiti WiFi router work on a cruise ship?

Works great as long as you are in port. As soon as the cruise ship gets away from the island, Tahiti wi-fi does not work so cannot use it when ship is between ports. Normally not a problem because we were on Wind Spirit and  in a port every day except when going to the Tuamotus.

We used it a lot for emails, facetime calls, internet browsing, maps while driving on Tahiti, Rangiroa, Bora Bora and did not come close to using up our data (10G) in 20 days.