tendering in Juneau

RedE2Go64

The Star Princess is scheduled to be in Juneau from 6:30 - 4:00p and will be using a water shuttle. Do they shuttle very many people at a time? We are trying to schedule a helicopter to the glacier/dog sled and I don't know how much time to allow to get off of the ship. 

I assume if I book the excursion directly through Princess, there wouldn't be any problem with the time, but I was hoping to get a bit less expensive if I booked independently. Thank you for any help.

People on Princess excursions will depart first (assuming it is an early excursion) and as a group. If you book with the cruise line, you won't have any problems.

Afternoon excursions will meet on dock.

Tending in Juneau is not fun. The one thing going for you is the early time. The whole ship won't be trying to disembark at 7 am. We had a 2-10 pm time for Juneau and did not have a ship excursion (another line). It took a long time to get off the ship as ship's tours always go first and have priority.

They do run tenders continually. 

Edited by Coral

On 2/11/2020 at 9:37 PM, Kfrech said:

How do you find out if your ship is tendering? We are sailing on the Koningsdam in June and will be in Juneau on the 15th, from 1-10 p.m.

In the published itinerary, "water shuttle required" was written next to the port of call