Excursion costs

Nippy Sweetie

Idly looking at potential excursions for our upcoming Alaska cruise I was stunned at the cost of some of them. They were four or five times as expensive as some of the ones on the Homelands cruise. Obviously market forces are the issue but these costs were very off putting. It'll most likely be 'included' only for us especially as we're already doing the 7 day extension so may already have seen eg the bears which are a key aim for us. Otherwise we'll enjoy the cruise and the views. 

I find Viking OCEAN excursions expensive in general.  Even in relation to upscale Silversea. There were some expensive excursions on our Silversea Alaska cruise.  Anything involving a flight is $$$.  Worth it as a once in a lifetime experience.  Sadly, bad weather cancelled all our flying excursions. As a Scot I should be happy but for once I wanted to spend the money.

• Haha 1

You may want to check for tours offered by locals.  We booked several with locals.  On 2 of our trips it was just DH, me and the guide. I would even pay "extra' for a small group with local guide.