Carnival Sunrise Cloud 9 Spa and workout area

MitchYngMuscleDad

Hi I will be going with my son on a 9 night cruise out of NYC on the Carnival Sunrise. I wanted to know if there are separate mens and women's sauna/ steam rooms? I also wanted to know if they were free or if I needed a spa pass. I also wanted to know how large the gym area was, and if they  had a free weight area? Also how late are the swimming pools open? We have never cruised with Carnival before so I was unsure. 

Thank you,

Mitch

You will need a Spa pass to go into the Thermal suites. Some one here had said there was a small coed

sauna I did not see this when we were on her in November but we had a spa cabin so didn't look for one either.

The gym is a decent size and there is a small free weight area with dumb bells. Not sure about the pools

thinking maybe it was like open till 10.

12 hours ago, MitchYngMuscleDad said:

Cool Cruiser, 

Thank you for responding, I will be purchasing a weekly spa pass, what does it include besides the Thermal suites, is there a plunge pool or a hot tub?

Thanks Mitch 

Here is information on the Cloud 9 Spa.  

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1167/~/cloud-9-spa

Since I've seen differing information about what is available for free on the Sunrise, will you update this thread when you get back with whether the saunas are available for free in the men and womens locker room?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a small co-ed sauna that's RIGHT at the entrance to the spa locker rooms. The door is NOT MARKED and it's to the RIGHT as you go in. The sauna is not always on and no one tells you about it. Unlike the SUNRISE, there are no saunas within either the men's or women's locker rooms. There are individual showers,lockers,toilets, lavatories. 

The gym is a good size,fully equipped with weight machines and free weights.