Help booking Mardi Gras

PaulMedik

Planing to book Mardi Gras for July 24 2021 and not sure of the flow or layout.  I prefer aft wraps or Spa Balcony or first balcony off decks above pool; on Mardi Gras it's confusing as to what is where and what goes with what etc.  I like the forward facing balcony cabins on Deck 17 and the front corner suites, but the aft wraps overlook Havana areas?  I have sailed aft wraps on Dream class ships and while they are OK I could do without the open deck below.

I guess my question would be for those who like the same areas I like and have booked Mardi Gras, what did you book?

Edited by PaulMedik

Take a look at the "hump" balcony's on decks 9-14. We had 9362 booked for her New York to Canaveral sailing before it got canceled. Mardi Gras is Carnival's first ship with a RCCL type hump (bulge) on the side. The more in the center of the hump - the larger the balcony. Kinda like aft balcony's without the disadvantages.

Edited by SDPadreFan
  • Like 1

there's a whole youtube video dedicated just to picking the right cabin.  Of course, it is based on the guy who did the video's preferences but he does point out some things that would be useful no matter what your preferred area is.  Not sure if it's allowed to link to it here but it's by a guy called Cruiseadmiral.  (If this gets deleted then we'll figure some other way to get you the info)

I put a 48 hour hold on the first balcony off the pool area on deck 16, but after watching the video I'm thinking aft wrap suite is the way I'll go....those front facing balcony cabins are interesting and those front corner suites are enticing, but I like the aft view as opposed to forward where there's not as much to watch.  Decisions decisions!
Thank you for your advice originalgeek, SDPadreFan

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2020 at 6:03 PM, PaulMedik said:

I put a 48 hour hold on the first balcony off the pool area on deck 16, but after watching the video I'm thinking aft wrap suite is the way I'll go....those front facing balcony cabins are interesting and those front corner suites are enticing, but I like the aft view as opposed to forward where there's not as much to watch.  Decisions decisions!
Thank you for your advice originalgeek, SDPadreFan

Wouldn't the front balconies be too windy? I was afraid that being on the 16th or 17th deck with front facing balcony would be like getting strapped to the front of an airplane. My other question is if we will be able to open the balconies to the one next door if you have adjacent but not adjoining staterooms. Does anyone know the answer to that for Mardi Gras? I'm assuming this is an option since they use those doors for maintenance staff to be able to walk down a whole row of balconies. 

5 hours ago, RhinoMomIL said:

. My other question is if we will be able to open the balconies to the one next door if you have adjacent but not adjoining staterooms. Does anyone know the answer to that for Mardi Gras? I'm assuming this is an option since they use those doors for maintenance staff to be able to walk down a whole row of balconies. 

Technically, the dividers all open for maintenance staff.  As far as opening them for guests, that's still up in the air as to which ones open to which ones.  

When we booked our cabins, we always want two that the divider can be opened.  Our PVP couldn't find the info so he asked his supervisor which ones opened to which ones.  Even his supervisor couldn't find the answer. 

I sent him an e-mail last week asking if anyone knew the answer yet.  I also asked him if the sliding doors to the balcony have the ability to have either door slide.  He wrote back saying that they still haven't figured out which balcony divider opens to which cabin.  He also said that there is a rumor that both doors will slide but it's only a rumor at this time.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

Technically, the dividers all open for maintenance staff.  As far as opening them for guests, that's still up in the air as to which ones open to which ones.  

When we booked our cabins, we always want two that the divider can be opened.  Our PVP couldn't find the info so he asked his supervisor which ones opened to which ones.  Even his supervisor couldn't find the answer. 

I sent him an e-mail last week asking if anyone knew the answer yet.  I also asked him if the sliding doors to the balcony have the ability to have either door slide.  He wrote back saying that they still haven't figured out which balcony divider opens to which cabin.  He also said that there is a rumor that both doors will slide but it's only a rumor at this time.

Thank you! We aren't sailing until March 2021 so I'm looking forward to when there are actual reviews from passengers.