MSC Armonia - Shore Excursions

pepper

Good day!

I am wondering if anyone has done the River Tubing from Montego Bay through MSC'S excursions, or if there is a tour operator that you recommend for river rafting or tubing (not Martha Brae, too calm 🙂 when we are only in port from 1 to 7 p.m.  I assume final boarding is at 6:15 ish.  AND, in some facebook forums, the ships sometimes arrives late in Montego Bay, so that would affect things too.  I would really want to do tubing, rafting, or falls - most tours I've checked out online are morning or 12:30 departures, and Shoreexcursioneer site says we are not in port long enough for their excrusions of that type 😞  Any advice or assistance please?

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, pepper said:

Good day!

I am wondering if anyone has done the River Tubing from Montego Bay through MSC'S excursions, or if there is a tour operator that you recommend for river rafting or tubing (not Martha Brae, too calm 🙂 when we are only in port from 1 to 7 p.m.  I assume final boarding is at 6:15 ish.  AND, in some facebook forums, the ships sometimes arrives late in Montego Bay, so that would affect things too.  I would really want to do tubing, rafting, or falls - most tours I've checked out online are morning or 12:30 departures, and Shoreexcursioneer site says we are not in port long enough for their excrusions of that type 😞  Any advice or assistance please?

Thanks in advance!

Armonia docks in Ocho Rios and arrives late. Last week they couldn't dock so they tendered which was complete disaster and people with late group numbers got off the ship around 2PM.  

2 hours ago, ODECCIT said:

Armonia docks in Ocho Rios and arrives late. Last week they couldn't dock so they tendered which was complete disaster and people with late group numbers got off the ship around 2PM.  

Ours is docking in Montego Bay, at least according to my docs and itinerary I booked.  Maybe they have a couple of different routes on a rotation or they made a last minute change?    I'd love to do Dunns, but it is a long drive from Montego Bay.  They offer a Dunns Express, but I imagine that to be a 1.5 he drive each way and only 1 he at the falls, which does not appeal to me.  

Edited by pepper

7 hours ago, pepper said:

I would really want to do tubing, rafting, or falls - most tours I've checked out online are morning or 12:30 departures, and Shoreexcursioneer site says we are not in port long enough for their excrusions of that type 😞  Any advice or assistance please?

Just go with the MSC excursion as you arrive 1pm. Certainly you can buy many excursions also at the chaotic port area when you go off the boat, but as everything else, it is not cheap in Jamaika. Room for negotiations maybe is limited when it is 2pm and they know you need to go immediately 😉

12 hours ago, pepper said:

Ours is docking in Montego Bay, at least according to my docs and itinerary I booked.  Maybe they have a couple of different routes on a rotation or they made a last minute change?    I'd love to do Dunns, but it is a long drive from Montego Bay.  They offer a Dunns Express, but I imagine that to be a 1.5 he drive each way and only 1 he at the falls, which does not appeal to me.  

I wouldn't count on docking on Montego Bay until you dock in Montego Bay.

It may show on the itinerary, but I have had that changed to Ochos Rios. Notification is by letter in your cabin when you board. 

21 hours ago, pepper said:

You don't need that much time at the falls. 1 hour or less is what most suppliers do. If they are any longer, you are just shopping at the "crafts" market at the falls.