Anthem of the sea - indoor pool questions

renata102

I don't know if they keep it at a certain temp but I've been on Anthem twice and it's always been warm enough to lounge around in a bathing suit or shorts/tshirt if you have non-swimmers in your party.  If i had to guess I'd say it was 75 degrees or warmer.  I would get to the port early.  As you probably know there is an adult area that is always enclosed and a general indoor pool area. 

My first time on Anthem i was there about 10:15-10:30 and we went right in (dropped bags off, parked, walked to registration).  This past New Year's sailing we arrived at 11 am and the line was so long, waiting in our car, just to drop off our bags.  It seems that they keep cars waiting in line rather than have a lot park at once to drop off bags and then leave to park.  I'm sure, overall, it works better this way but I'd rather arrive early and wait in the terminal than in my car in line.  Have fun!

The indoor family pool is open to all ages except anyone in diapers or swim diapers.  No one in a diaper can use the regular pools or hot tubs.  

Pools can be heated and they are in the winter months.  At some point they won't heat the pools because in the summer they would be too warm.  I'm guessing they'll still heat them in March.  If I recall they heat to 78°F.

There is a separate indoor solarium that is 16+. 

Edited by twangster

33 minutes ago, twangster said:

The indoor family pool is open to all ages except anyone in diapers or swim diapers.  No one in a diaper can use the regular pools or hot tubs.  

Pools can be heated and they are in the winter months.  At some point they won't heat the pools because in the summer they would be too warm.  I'm guessing they'll still heat them in March.  If I recall they heat to 78°F.

There is a separate indoor solarium that is 16+. 

This is what I am hoping.  So cold in NJ in March.  Shoot I have cruised out of NYC mid APRIL and it was freezing.

I've been in the indoor pool on Anthem so many times, the lifeguards know me by name. I've always sailed Anthem in winter months. As mentioned above, it is open to all who are potty trained. They usually don't check adults. 🙂

The air temperature will vary depending on outside temp.  The coldest I've felt is about 72 - warm enough when dry; a bit cool getting out. Usual average at sea about 75; warmer when down in the islands.

I seem to remember the indoor pool hours as 7:00 am till 9 or 10 pm. Those are always subject to change.

Unless they have just refilled the pool with ocean water, I gauge the temperature range from 82 to 88. 82 will give you somewhat of a jolt upon entry; it isn't as warm as it sounds. A minute to get accustomed. You can find a warm water jet far corner from ladders, right side. A nice spot when they have just refilled.

Comfortable ranges from 85 to 86. 88 starts to feel warm, warmer than some may like; others love it. 

The last seven years of my teaching career, I worked in a pool 180 days a year with severely handicapped children. I got really good at gauging temperatures.

It's a nice area

Enjoy.

The pool is very warm. We went in Dec and I got in no problem. The whole area was warm enough to be in swim wear/shorts, just stay away from the doors. The last night my daughter went swimming I was cool sitting on the side, was actually wishing I had put on my suit because the pool felt like a hot tub.