Coffee Card

Heatherco

Recently purchased this onboard Explorer to use for my daily cappuccinos.   While it was great to have, just want to let people know that if you want anything larger than a small specialty coffee they will count it as two drinks on your card.  Many people were not happy about this because it was not posted anywhere that people could see.  

Im sure it’s in the fine print if you buy online, but if you purchase the first day, no one tells you that.

Not a big deal, but I do think it is another way they nickel and dime people.  Just make it clear beforehand.  

So I just thought I would give a heads up for others considering getting one.😊

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heatherco said:

I'm sure it’s in the fine print if you buy online, but if you purchase the first day, no one tells you that.

You should take the online fine print and dispute the punch issue - it doesn't say that, it should be any coffee for one punch. BTW, this is known issue to anyone who has read about the coffee card.

Just making people aware.  If you buy onboard, most people are not going to then go look up the “fine print”.  It should be posted clearly at the cafe.

For me, it wasn’t a big deal since I wasn’t going to drink more than the card offered anyway.  But if a couple were sharing the card, this would mean they could only get half the coffees they thought they were originally purchasing.

2 minutes ago, Heatherco said:

It should be posted clearly at the cafe.

This has been discussed many times in many threads - that is not going to happen, RCI is not that kind of business. In every thread this comes up, every poster is made aware to ASK about this issue BEFORE buying the card.

20 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

This has been discussed many times in many threads - that is not going to happen, RCI is not that kind of business. In every thread this comes up, every poster is made aware to ASK about this issue BEFORE buying the card.

So because it has been “discussed” before I shouldn’t post it?  I know they won’t change it.  But I also think it is nice to let people know.  Maybe someone logging on today has not read the many discussions before.

And as far as I can tell, almost every topic has been discussed before.  That’s ok to me.

1 minute ago, Heatherco said:

And as far as I can tell, almost every topic has been discussed before.

Very true, and others who bother to search, not only will find your thread about this issue, they will likely find many others. And like the other threads, this one will vanish from the front page and no one else will see it without a search.

Hey BIKER

Give it a rest will ya. Do not scold HEATHERCO for bringing up a topic to remind folks.

I am going on Symphony in April and was thinking of coffee card so thanks HEATHERCO for the reminder.

And for all your folks who have been on "cc" a long time, stop being so smug and Know It All. 

BTW there are lots of topics that get repeated so just move on instead of scolding if it bores you too much. Gezzzzzz already.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

BTW there are lots of topics that get repeated so just move on instead of scolding if it bores you too much. 

This thread will drop off the front page in a few hours and no one will see it unless they search for it, like all the other threads about this subject. Yes, you can create a new thread, and yes a few folks that day for a few hours will see it, but it will help no one else. The folks who are on here fairly often or search already know about this issue so it doesn't help them. Just setting expectations.

Just now, Biker19 said:

This thread will drop off the front page in a few hours and no one will see it unless they search for it, like all the other threads about this subject. Yes, you can create a new thread, and yes a few folks that day for a few hours will see it, but it will help no one else. The folks who are on here fairly often or search already know about this issue so it doesn't help them. Just setting expectations.

Pretty sure most people read more than the first page of posts.   You don't need to do a search to go to posts on page 2, 3 or 4.

If you don't like the topic being discussed, don't click on it.  Seems pretty simple to me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lovemylab said:

Pretty sure most people read more than the first page of posts.   You don't need to do a search to go to posts on page 2, 3 or 4.

The corona virus issue (or the issue du jour) seems to suggest, that no, people don't go much beyond the first page. To be fair, some poster's thread title is so misleading it's not obvious the issue has been discussed already.

Biker, who tries to be helpful but some folks don't see it. 

Edited by Biker19

28 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The corona virus issue (or the issue du jour) seems to suggest, that no, people don't go much beyond the first page. To be fair, some poster's thread title is so misleading it's not obvious the issue has been discussed already.

Biker, who tries to be helpful but some folks don't see it. 

Just because a handful of people start a new topic about something already being discussed doesn't mean the majority of people are only reading page 1.  More than 6 million people visit cruise critic each month (https://www.cruisecritic.com/about-us/).  The number of repeat posts is minimal when you consider how many people visit the message boards daily. 

If someone starts a new thread, there will always he those who will tell them they should have used the search feature.  If they use the search feature to find an old thread and reply, there are others who will complain about an old thread being revived.

I see nothing wrong with the OPs post.  We'll have to agree to disagree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lovemylab said:

I see nothing wrong with the OPs post. 

I don't either, my main point was that it will not help that many people (which was the OP's point, I think). You could have the same exact thread once a month and it won't help that many more people, because the post whoring on CC is such that it will go off the first couple of pages within hours - it only helps the newbies and the casual CC posters who happen to be on CC during those few hours and who don't search.

I used to always purchase the coffee card online but after my last b2b in caribbean in january and them punching 2 or 3 times for a grande with extra shot of espresso just not worth all those punches.  

I had a coffee card with 3 or 4 punches left from a cruise in 2019 and the barista said the old card was only one punch for a grande but with the new cards it would be 2 punches plus extra punch to get extra shot of espresso.

Now the barista did disclose this when I picked up my new coffee card at the cafe but not disclosed online.

I have another cruise end of march and didnt bother purchasing card.  

Hopefully the machine in DL will be working for speciality coffee.  

4 hours ago, Heatherco said:

"Maybe someone logging on today has not read the many discussions before".

Thank you! Good to know! I've read that they do not have to be purchased prior as no discounts, but not the size matter. I'm good with 8 oz, but hubby will want more.

• Like 1