Car rental in Port Canaveral / Uber to agency?

amydandrea

This is the first time I’ve rented a car post cruise and I read somewhere that Uber is not allowed to pick up at the port ( Port Canaveral). Does anyone have experience getting to your car rental agency from Port Canaveral? I’m renting from Enterprise which is literally right outside the port.......help! How do you get over to the car rental agency?  🙂

Just did  a little internet search and this is what I found: 

Enterprise, National and Alamo – 0.5 miles from Port Canaveral Cruise Terminal 1. These three major car rental companies operate from a shared office close to the cruise terminal. They have the largest parking area and offer fast pick-up and drop-off. Use the shuttle bus provided or walk to the office.

Hope this helps

Just look their big, shared, blue shuttle buses on a short loop at the PC cruise terminals. Walking along the highway not safe & not allowed. Uber pickup in same general area nearby, just look for signage or ask the other drivers. They are friendly & helpful.

IMG_20191215_140605149.jpg

If leaving NCL, then walk left until you come to the signs. They loaded our stuff into a trailer and us into a van. 5 minute drive over to the rentals. 1 line for all 3 rental companies. We walked in and no one in line!!!! Helped and out in 5 minutes!

DON'T USE BUDGET, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

5 hours ago, Lionkingrichard said:

If leaving NCL, then walk left until you come to the signs. They loaded our stuff into a trailer and us into a van. 5 minute drive over to the rentals. 1 line for all 3 rental companies. We walked in and no one in line!!!! Helped and out in 5 minutes!

DON'T USE BUDGET, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Very helpful thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, kelship said:

Uh oh, why dont use Budget? If I may ask?

I'm glad you asked!

Most locations they have people outside waiting for your car and have a hand held device. 5 minutes later you are done.

Not here! Go stand in separate line(don't get in the pick up line) with 8-10 people in front of you. 1 person pulls contract and goes outside and tries to find car. Checks it over(miles, fuel, Damage) and comes back 5 minutes later. Remember the 10 people standing in front of you!

I guess we were lucky and it only took about 20 minutes to drop off.

Now picture you just got off the ship and get to Budget.

You see 50 family's all waiting for Budget to clean those drop offs and Fuel some of them. I seen about 15 cars they were trying to get ready for all those people.

Spoke to a nice lady that was waiting outside as I didn't want to jump in front of her for the shuttle to the boat and she said they had been waiting for 90 minutes for a car to go home. This was about 10am.

I should have taken a picture of the madhouse, but I know others have over the years.