HAL Europe not responding

Belgian fry

I have called HAL in Rotterdam twice to ask about an upsell (once in January and once last week). I was told on both occasions I would be sent a mail. I didn't get one. Yesterday I e-mailed them, but sill nothing other than the automated reply. 

I have purchased upsells several times in the past without difficulty, so this seems rather odd to me. I wish I could do this via Seattle, but they just refer me back to Rotterdam. Any suggestions (cruise is next week)?

Edited by Belgian fry
typos

4 hours ago, Belgian fry said:

I have called HAL in Rotterdam twice to ask about an upsell (once in January and once last week). I was told on both occasions I would be sent a mail. I didn't get one. Yesterday I e-mailed them, but sill nothing other than the automated reply. 

I have purchased upsells several times in the past without difficulty, so this seems rather odd to me. I wish I could do this via Seattle, but they just refer me back to Rotterdam. Any suggestions (cruise is next week)?

Unfortunately,

HAL in Rotterdam is completely useless in my experience.

If you booked via a travel agency ( often Classix cruises in Belgium, but they are also useless), try to contact HAL via them.

HAL’s Customer service for us Europeans is severely lacking, we are second-grade clients to them it seems.

31 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Is there a way for you to escalate it to Seattle by letting them know there has been no response from Rotterdam despite repeated attempts?  This is terrible customer service.

If you have someone in U.S. who would call Seattle for you.. maybe that might get something moving.  Good luck

where are you supposed to embark and sail to where?

If you have booked through a travelagent you will need to do this through them. HAL will not and isnot allowed to do this directly with you in that case.