Playing Bridge on Princess

shrewsdog

BRIDGE PLAYERS!!!!

We sailed on the Royal earlier this month, and their support for Bridge was even less than on most other ships.  There was a generic "Cards and Games" listing in the Patter starting at 09:30 but no specific 'Bridge and MahJong" as I've always seen before.  I will be back on the Royal for the 28 March California coastal cruise.

If there is enough interest I will bring the equipment necessary to hold (non-sanctioned) duplicate games suitable for all levels including beginners on the two sea days. 

I will also be on the Dec 21  LA-Hawaii RT on the Star and can do the same.

I started this topic because I've enjoyed playing on several trans-oceanic trips when others have brought their own sets of boards and such.  I'm hoping players and volunteer tournament organizers will post their planned trips here and also in the roll call for the specific voyage.

Please let me know if you find this topic of interest.

Edited by shrewsdog
Additional info.

We were on the Crown in January  for 2 ten day back to back cruises and passenger  organized bridge was played on sea days . There was a sign up  sheet in the library for those who wished to play.

Unfortunately, on the Coral in February, there was Bridge and MahJong listed in the patter each day, but if you missed the first day, everyone had partnered up so, I had to play online.  I think sign-up sheets are the way to go. 

I have friends who direct bridge on other cruise lines. I think bridge players are learning to go on those if bridge is important to them while on vacation. The last time I played on a ship was a disappointment. My partner tabled the best 11-card dummy I ever saw. My RHO had 15 cards in her hand.

6 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

If you are looking for fellow players, you should post to your roll calls.

I do for my cruises.  This topic is intended to help fleet-wide for others besides myself.

1 hour ago, geoherb said:

I have friends who direct bridge on other cruise lines. I think bridge players are learning to go on those if bridge is important to them while on vacation. The last time I played on a ship was a disappointment. My partner tabled the best 11-card dummy I ever saw. My RHO had 15 cards in her hand.

They didn't count the cards first??

7 hours ago, shrewsdog said:

If there is enough interest I will bring the equipment necessary to hold (non-sanctioned) duplicate games suitable for all levels including beginners on the two sea days.

I have noticed in at least "some" of the card game equipment boxes, "some" boards for duplicate usage.  Don't recall which ship(s), but it would appear the Entertainment Team should have access to a certain quantity of these.  I do play Duplicate style, but have not attempted to utilize multiple Boards and such as have not encountered sufficient players to warrant it.  It would be fun to do and a good social mixer as well, but finding the number of interested duplicate players is small on my cruises.  I am happy if I can get in with three other like-minded players and have a regular Sea Day game period. 

Princess used to have sanctioned games on cruises with sea days. We love to play and lately have cruised on Crystal or voyages that advertise bridge. Have a Princess. Raise scheduled on the Sky so have fingers crossed