Variety of shows on in-room TV

HIPrincess

My husband and I are platinum and we aren't late night people that stay up for the shows.   The last Princess cruise we were on was not Medallion class.  They did have a variety of free movies and episodes of the Love Boat.  Is this still the case?  We have been on  another cruise line that charges for any movies and didn't offer anything for TV shows.  Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, HIPrincess said:

My husband and I are platinum and we aren't late night people that stay up for the shows.   The last Princess cruise we were on was not Medallion class.  They did have a variety of free movies and episodes of the Love Boat.  Is this still the case?  We have been on  another cruise line that charges for any movies and didn't offer anything for TV shows.  Thanks in advance.

Yes it is still the case however..........

Depends on what ship as they all do not have the on demand tv system.

No charges on Princess.

I was on the Grand and the only live TV shows seemed to be news. They had a variety of free on demand movies and TV shows. New movies were added daily including the ones shown on Movies Under the Stars.

Just off the Royal yesterday.  Live TV was CNBC, MSNBC, Fox News, BBC and a sports channel (not ESPN).  On demand TV were episodes of things like FoodTV, HGTV, Discovery, the crazy addicting How It’s Made and many more.  Lots of movies on demand, some current and some old.  Once the movie is played in a theater or on MUTS it is on demand in your stateroom.  Of course, The Love Boat is available.

25 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I don't think the Star has Medallion or on demand.

Thanks for the quick response. 

We are used to the on demand on the newer HAL ships and the Royal and Regal.  We don't go on vacation to watch TV, but it is nice to have that option if you want some down time.  

• Like 1