Strange experience yesterday with upgrading, what would you do?

Hi

We have 2 cruises booked for next month, I called RCI from the UK yesterday to ask to upgrade, 1st person I spoke with said could not be done, so I called back, second person said yes, but I could only upgrade at the price that it would have been at the time of booking (want to go from OV to Balcony), I said I'd never heard of that and did that mean that another cruise I have booked I can still upgrade at the price of  booking since it's almost doubled in price, he checked, came back and did the usual it's for new bookings only.

I called back one final time, this time the advisor told me I could cancel it, the deposit would be given to me as a FCC (it was 2 days away from final payment) and could then rebook as a new booking which I did.

So now, I have my new booking and the old booking is still showing on my dashboard as payment due, I plan to call again today to make payment on the new booking and check on this, but, does anyone know if a FCC can be used against an existing booking or only for a new booking?

Sorry for the rambling post, I've always been polite but persistent with the people in the call center, it's just frustrating that there is no consistency and sometimes you end up pointing out the correct procedure to them as they don't seem to know.

54 minutes ago, welshrich said:

Hi

We have 2 cruises booked for next month, I called RCI from the UK yesterday to ask to upgrade, 1st person I spoke with said could not be done, so I called back, second person said yes, but I could only upgrade at the price that it would have been at the time of booking (want to go from OV to Balcony), I said I'd never heard of that and did that mean that another cruise I have booked I can still upgrade at the price of  booking since it's almost doubled in price, he checked, came back and did the usual it's for new bookings only.

I called back one final time, this time the advisor told me I could cancel it, the deposit would be given to me as a FCC (it was 2 days away from final payment) and could then rebook as a new booking which I did.

So now, I have my new booking and the old booking is still showing on my dashboard as payment due, I plan to call again today to make payment on the new booking and check on this, but, does anyone know if a FCC can be used against an existing booking or only for a new booking?

Sorry for the rambling post, I've always been polite but persistent with the people in the call center, it's just frustrating that there is no consistency and sometimes you end up pointing out the correct procedure to them as they don't seem to know.

Hello,

I have held that, since the relocation of the service desk from the UK to Guatemala, nobody has trained or produced manuals for the muppets. I had a major set-to with them re my DP340+ single pricing and C&A points. I should have put (copyright) at the bottom of my last exchange as I was thanked for it and was told that it would be used thereafter in training - with no offer of remuneration for my services.

If I can call your agents #1, #2 & #3:

#1 was being lazy or stupid (or both)

#2 is what I have always been told and also including when I have tried to add a second pax to my booking

#3 has told you something that I have never been offered. However he/she may have thought that 'refundable deposits' rules applied - that they usually do in the US and not here. I'd take the money and run!

I have always been told that a FCC can only been used against a future cruise and not an existing one and being a good boy I've never tried it though I have tried to apply one to two bookings without success.

I would advise you whilst making payment to ensure that the 'old' booking is formally cancelled and not just left to lapse.

Regards,

Cublet

I have had an FCC applied to an existing booking (UK) 

But I have never heard of deposit in UK being refunded in the first case! That seems like a boo boo to me!!
Have you got the email yet with the FCC #??  If so I would send it in to get it applied! 
royalcustomerserviceuk@rccl.com

Edited by little britain