4 college kids inside cabin - canceling Spring break cruise?

SAmome

Asking for a friend.

Cruise is next week, I think the Sky and likely organized thru some travel agency.  I briefed them on the link to NCL website about ability to cancel and get FCC.

BUT, they are under the impression they would need to reschedule and ALL FOUR sail together again.  They are seniors headed into the workforce in different cities so that is not possible.  

Is there anything in the fine print or rules different if booked thru a group with TA (marketing to spring break college kids) that would mean the FCC would need to be used in the future in the form of a quad with same passengers?

If they cancel or noshow, either way the port fees and taxes and prepaid gratuties would be refunded, right? 

Thanks for any info.

1 hour ago, SAmome said:

Asking for a friend.

Cruise is next week, I think the Sky and likely organized thru some travel agency.  I briefed them on the link to NCL website about ability to cancel and get FCC.

BUT, they are under the impression they would need to reschedule and ALL FOUR sail together again.  They are seniors headed into the workforce in different cities so that is not possible.  

Is there anything in the fine print or rules different if booked thru a group with TA (marketing to spring break college kids) that would mean the FCC would need to be used in the future in the form of a quad with same passengers?

If they cancel or noshow, either way the port fees and taxes and prepaid gratuties would be refunded, right? 

Thanks for any info.

4 college age kids in an inside?

god no!

get at least a mini-suite *IF* the bathroom has 2 sinks.

if not, then get 2 inside cabins.

and no, they dont have to sail together in the future to be able to use the FCC

But if the first two on the reservation paid a higher price, and the next two less as 3rd and 4th passengers - they will get FCC's in the amount listed per passenger.  People often divide the total fare by 4, even though passengers are charged different prices.  It becomes murky if they don't travel together in the future to give the 2 that paid less the advantage of the higher fare credit by passengers 1 and 2.        Maybe someone else could explain this more clearly....