General Questions Celebrity

loecki1976

Hi Cruisers,

I will sail with celebrity the first time, so my questions might be a little "newbie". So thanks for your help.

We´ll sail the Equinox. First and only cruise ever was NCL Getaway.

Questions are:

- How would you compare MDR Food? On the Getaway ist was, from my point of view, OK / decent, so we chose Specialty Restaurants on Board, we are Foodies. But on Equinox, we want to eat at TG, but Murano is not our kind of menu. Sushi on 5 ist also a no-brainer, we definitely go there!!!

- I watched some buffet videos. Dont they have burger / hot dogs on OVC? Just Mast Grill? My son is asking (of course... :-)).

- I like cocktails, my wife is a wine lover. So we upgraded to PBP. Good choice?

Thank you so much, have a great start into the week.

Best from Germany

Martin

26 minutes ago, loecki1976 said:

Hi Cruisers,

I will sail with celebrity the first time, so my questions might be a little "newbie". So thanks for your help.

Questions are:

- How would you compare MDR Food? On the Getaway ist was, from my point of view, OK / decent, so we chose Specialty Restaurants on Board, we are Foodies. But on Equinox, we want to eat at TG, but Murano is not our kind of menu. Sushi on 5 ist also a no-brainer, we definitely go there!!!

We have sailed on NCL and Celebrity.   Food on Celebrity is much better.   Sushi on 5 is great.   We prefer Murano to Tuscan, but like both.

- I watched some buffet videos. Dont they have burger / hot dogs on OVC? Just Mast Grill? My son is asking (of course... :-)).

Yes, they do.  You can also get them at the Mast Grill.

- I like cocktails, my wife is a wine lover. So we upgraded to PBP. Good choice?

Yes.

Best from Germany

Martin

Enjoy your cruise!

• Thanks 1

Depending on where you live, I would say Sushi on 5 is average. I'd rather spend the money on Le Petit Chef (if you've never done it on land).

Food in the MDR on Celebrity is a bit better, but not going to blow your mind. Best french onion soup at sea!

PBP worth it especially if you like hanging out at the martini bar. I wasn't able to find burger/hot dogs in OVC, but YMMV.

I have only sailed on Celebrity but I can say the food was great. Even the buffet had everything you could want from salads, pasta, pizza and even ice cream. Your son will have everything he wants. The best breakfast I ever had on a cruise was on the Summit. They make everything fresh right in front of you. I love their eggs Benedict. Not only can you get food at the buffet but you can get burgers, wraps, salads, prawns, chicken sandwich’s at various other places on the ship. You might want to even try the Aqua Spa Cafe (they have a selection of healthy food and great smoothies). Pool Grill has the burgers, hot dogs and pizza. 

You will also want to try Cafe al Bacio, it’s famous for its warm almond croissants. It’s place to get coffee and sweets. They have cookies, cake, and all the other sweets you could dream of. They also have an Gelateria (ice cream bar) across from Cafe al Bacio. There is a charge for it.

I would recommend you pay attention to the times they serve food in the buffet. After 10:00 pm they have limited items. But they always pasta and pizza till they close. ,

The best part it’s all free, you won’t be disappointed.

Don’t forget room service.

ENJOY YOUR TRIP

48 minutes ago, Airrace said:

I have only sailed on Celebrity but I can say the food was great. Even the buffet had everything you could want from salads, pasta, pizza and even ice cream. Your son will have everything he wants. The best breakfast I ever had on a cruise was on the Summit. They make everything fresh right in front of you. I love their eggs Benedict. Not only can you get food at the buffet but you can get burgers, wraps, salads, prawns, chicken sandwich’s at various other places on the ship. You might want to even try the Aqua Spa Cafe (they have a selection of healthy food and great smoothies). Pool Grill has the burgers, hot dogs and pizza. 

You will also want to try Cafe al Bacio, it’s famous for its warm almond croissants. It’s place to get coffee and sweets. They have cookies, cake, and all the other sweets you could dream of. They also have an Gelateria (ice cream bar) across from Cafe al Bacio. There is a charge for it.

I would recommend you pay attention to the times they serve food in the buffet. After 10:00 pm they have limited items. But they always pasta and pizza till they close. ,

ENJOY YOUR TRIP

48 minutes ago, Airrace said:

ENJOY YOUR TRIP

I should of looked more closely as the ship I reported on was the Summit. 

Thank you. 🙂

I am pretty sure that it might be the same on Equinox. So happy to sail, and you´re right, my son will definitely love the food.

And I will try room service. My wife is looking forward to having breakfast on the balcony. 🤩

Wish you all the best for your future cruises.

21 hours ago, loecki1976 said:

Hi Cruisers,

Questions are:

Best from Germany

Martin

I forgot to tell you to sign up for the Celebrity Captains club. It’s free and you get all kinds of benefits. The more you travel on any of Celebrity ships the more points you get. 

You get stuff like discounted or free laundry, free scoops of gelato, a monthly newsletter, and a lot of other discounts.