Zaandam 04/21 FLL to Montréal -I received “Express Docs” email

debcruising

Hi, my friend and I are booked on the Zaandam 04/21/2020 11 day FLL Repo to Montréal and just today received the Express Docs Reminder email. 

I just happen to call HAL yesterday (as weekends have little phone wait time) and the Rep told me the cruise is still on. I could cancel as we have CFAR Platinum Insurance, but would lose the 10% as well as the insurance cost. I told the Rep that Canada Ports are closed until July, but she said the cruise is not canceled. 

Has anyone on this cruise received Express Docs or have any information on the sailing?  Could the Express Docs email be on a timer and thereby automatically sent. I just don’t know how we can sail to Canada when the ports are closed.  Thanks everyone and stay well. 

Our cruise is April 16 from Seattle RT Hawaii and still is open to book etc. I think HAL would rather we cancel rather than them at this point. When the date is closer they will and we will have a better option on amount paid.

Thanks gwenmarie and StartrainDD. - I feel like HAL is engaging me and my friend in a game of Chicken to see who will blink first. Since we have a short drive down I-95 and have used a United Airlines Voucher for the flight from Montreal, we will wait it out. I do see our Repo Cruise is still up for booking at the HAL website as well as of yesterday. THANKS!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, debcruising said:

Wehwalt, you mean when they finally cancel the cruise or call now and cut my losses?  

When they cancel it. Wait for them to do it. 

Edited by Wehwalt

I'm waiting for them to cancel a 5/23 Boston - Montreal cruise.

They'll delay announcing as long as possible, hoping that we do it early.

Or maybe they're hoping that Canada changes it's mind and let's us in.

I'm on an April 16 Sydney to Vancouver cruise. Can't go to Australia  closed as is Vancouver and all of the ports scheduled along the way. Called HAL - it's still on. What? I can cancel but before March 31 and get a FCC. If I don't cancel by March 31 I'm playing their game of chicken - I get choice of cash refund of FCC of 125% of cruise value if they cancel - which they will since there's no way this cruise can happen. But why put us through this waiting game - cancel already and before the March 31 deadline just a week from now.