Thinking Ahead

MsTabbyKats

I don't have any personal knowledge but I wouldn't think a whole lot would change. You should have a booking secured with the cruise line. You should have been making payments that were billed directly to the cruise line. The only thing that would change is your TA would have to be removed from the booking. 

My TA gives me same day e-mail confirmation from Carnival showing my payments to him were received by Carnival.

In a recent conversation he said when he decides to retire he will turn all bookings over to Carnival (or whatever company his clients booked) and the transition would be seamless for the customer.

3 hours ago, MCC retired said:

As long as your payment (s) were received by the cruise line you will be okay.

Which is a very good point.  IMO you should never deal with a TA that asks you to make any payments directly to them or their agency.  They should process your credit card payment directly to the cruise line.

And as further assurance of proper payment transaction, you should ask for both the agency invoice confirming all payments and balance due, as well as the cruise line booking confirmation which will also confirm the same, which is sent directly from the cruise line.

And to echo the other comments, as long as you have the cruise line booking confirmation as noted, your booking is secure and will either be maintained directly by the cruise line in the absence of the TA, or assigned to a new one of your choice or agreement with one they may suggest.

Edited by leaveitallbehind