Questions on if you get a 125 or 150% rebate?

Topdog52

If *you* cancel (under the Peace of Mind policy), you get 100% as a future cruise credit, and you do not have an option for a cash refund.  If NCL cancels your cruise, (like the ones through April 11), most are getting 125% future cruise credit -OR- 100% cash refund.  Only a small number of cruises (ones which were scheduled to embark through March 17) received the 150% FCC offer (or 100% cash refund).  Anyone who uses FCC from these cancellations can get an additional 20% off when you book by April 10.  More details and FAQ can be found here: https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/book-with-confidence

Edited by kaprin02
  • Like 1

My 3/22 cruise was cancelled by NCL. I took the 125% FCC and the 2 cruise next certs were redeposited into my account. I had also used some FCC from a previous incident on the 3/22 booking, this was reinstated to me when I asked for that back too. Since we were offered 20% off any future cruise if booked before 3/31, I went ahead and booked a cruise in November using the 2 Cruise Next certs, the old FCC and some of the newly acquired FCC. The remainder of my FCC I put towards a cruise I already had booked for April 2021.

You probably want to reconsider the booking you did.

The prices are super-inflated right now, and do not represent the reality of the fares they will charge when they start cruising again.

The 20% off is a trick.  They've jacked the rates up so high that you're actually getting a bad deal even with the 20% off.

Once they start going again (IF they do), prices will be much cheaper because demand for cruising will be MUCH lower.

• Like 2

Thank You. I am looking also to book a cruise to Alaska next may. I went almost all the way through to get and idea what it would cost then took a screen shot of it. I will let you know if they raise the prices when they offer me that deal. 

19 hours ago, Comi.uy said:

Question still stands, you get 150 or 125? ive read about both, also extra 20% discount if you re-book quickly

With the 125% credit does that include just the cruise fares or everything Taxes, Port charges and gratuities we have paid?

5 hours ago, pokerpro5 said:

The 20% off is a trick.  They've jacked the rates up so high that you're actually getting a bad deal even with the 20% off.

I don't think folks understand this. All the tips, hacks and past experiences guiding when to get the best prices are gone. The entire cruise world is changed, there will be a new normal. I don't know what the new normal will be but I do know that the cruise you want now will still be available in the future, for less.