Has anyone stayed on Celebrity Eclipse cabins 8234,8236 and 8238.

Droop

I was wondering if anyone has stayed on Celebrity Eclipse cabins 8234,8236 and 8238?  I'm planning on a cruise out of Sydney Australia on April 17 2022 for my retirement cruise.  There are going to be 2 couples traveling with us and our plan is to book the above cabins.  They are hump cabins and it appears that they have the bed the extra bed that hangs down from the wall (which we will not be using).  There are 2 per cabin in our group. 

Does anyone have any reviews comments (good or bad) on these cabins.  I know it's a ways out (I've been looking for quite a while), but I was wondering your thoughts.  Our TA stated that there is an over hang  on the balconies with is good for shade or rain but I was wondering about how it looks.  Pictures are wonderful.  I've also seen videos of some of the different cabins on the ship.  I've noticed that the bed is pretty tight along the bottom near the wall but I don't think that would be a issue for us.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Do you need to have connecting cabins/balconies?  There are some better options for your category/sailing, 2 on the port, and 2 on the starboard side -- 8254/8256, and 8279/8283, port side.  All 4 of those have extra large balconies, with 8279, 8283, and 8256 having huge balconies where you can gather 6 or more people on the balcony.  Take a look at the deck plans and see what you think.  

On Deck 7, there are three staterooms right next to each other with connecting balconies.  They all have huge balconies, and I think would be better choice if you want to all be together.  Look at 7260/62/64 on the front angle of the hump, and 7288/90/92 on the back angle of the hump.  Much, much better choice, in my opinion.  My choice would be the three on the front angle.  7260 and 64 have the huge balconies.   The only overhang on any of the balconies mentioned above will be the balcony up above.

BTW, we are booked on Eclipse follow on cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver. 🍷

Edited by Wine-O

Thanks Essiesmom for the info on the location of the bed!😄

Wino that is good to know about those cabins. The one thing I do like about the hump rooms is that you have a sweeping view to the left and right. The one thing about the cabins you suggested is that you wouldn’t be able to see off to one side. But that’s really good to know for future reference on the balconies. 

I know you’re getting excited about the cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver. We are going to stay three or four days or so in Hawaii after we finish the cruise. It will depend on how long the others want to stay. After all I would be retired.😄 

This was our cabin, 7272 on Silhouette.  Note the shiny rectangle in the ceiling above the couch,  that is the upper bunk.  If you aren't looking for it you might not even know it is there.  EM

enhance

Thanks Essiesmom! I know this is a different ship but now I know what I’m looking at when I see a picture. i’ve seen the beds when we have been on cabin crawls but I never thought about it or looked at it that much. 

On 4/3/2020 at 6:50 AM, Essiesmom said:

This was our cabin, 7272 on Silhouette.  Note the shiny rectangle in the ceiling above the couch,  that is the upper bunk.  If you aren't looking for it you might not even know it is there.  EM

enhance

That's pretty neat!  I always wondered how that extra bed worked.  Would love to see a picture of the bed 'deployed'!

I don't believe I have a picture of the bunk down on a Solstice class, but this is a cabin on Infinity, with bunks stowed, and down:

enhance

enhance

This is another cruise line with the bunk down:

enhance

Edited by Essiesmom