Now for something completely different

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

How!✋🏼

I think you mixed up your nations there😂 in Stoney Nakoda the greeting is Âba Wathtech. Besides in Lakota, Háu is only a greeting from men to men so you pretty much ignored all the females on this thread 😜. Better to use the gender neutral Haŋ (pronounced hahn) or Haŋ Mašké if greeting a friend 🤗

11 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

I think you mixed up your nations there😂 in Stoney Nakoda the greeting is Âba Wathtech. Besides in Lakota, Háu is only a greeting from men to men so you pretty much ignored all the females on this thread 😜. Better to use the gender neutral Haŋ (pronounced hahn) or Haŋ Mašké if greeting a friend 🤗

Why? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔😷😷😷😷

16 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Why? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔😷😷😷😷

It's like saying Guten Morgan in Italy, just because they are both European languages you can't assume they all understand each other😉. Hell when I was in America people didn't even understand my English😂. All I could do was note the differences to communicate as accurately as possible, sometimes even had to alter my accent to be understood and I don't have a great American accent😬

Edited by ilikeanswers

14 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

It's like saying Guten Morgan in Italy, just because they are both European languages you can't assume they all understand each other😉. Hell when I was in America people didn't even understand my English😂. All I could do was note the differences to communicate as accurately as possible, sometimes even had to alter my accent to be understood and I don't have a great American accent😬

Uncle.Uncle. 

One of the big highlights of the trip was the drive up the icefield parkway. It is a very pleasant drive on an excellent road. We encountered very few other vehicles. We made a few stops for photos but somehow the camera just can't capture the majesty of those vistas. I gave up and just drank in the view as we went along

P1030228.thumb.JPG.b7835b501c688992967221043016f3ca.JPG

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

I'm confused😳. Is that a TV show?

No………….. I am just giving up. 😱 I couldn’t care less about how to pronounce “ foreign” words  or who says what, it was just a photo of an Indian and old “saying” for them was Ugh How ..That is all I was saying.

12 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

No………….. I am just giving up. 😱 I couldn’t care less about how to pronounce “ foreign” words  or who says what, it was just a photo of an Indian and old “saying” for them was Ugh How ..That is all I was saying.

Oh OK, sorry I guess whatever your were trying to say with the photo totally went over my head😂. I really thought you were mixing up languages. I completely take responsibility for this misunderstanding🤗.

Edited by ilikeanswers

15 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

One of the big highlights of the trip was the drive up the icefield parkway. It is a very pleasant drive on an excellent road. We encountered very few other vehicles. We made a few stops for photos but somehow the camera just can't capture the majesty of those vistas. I gave up and just drank in the view as we went along

I had the same problem up at Carnarvon Gorge. There is a particular part that no matter what I did with my camera it just didn't match the real world view. I don't know how some photographers do it, maybe I have the wrong equipment or not enough knowledge🤔

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Yes, a truly magnificent part of the world.

DB90780C-4A66-45B9-A91D-B2D8328D1AEE.jpeg

• Like 1