Anyone up for a LONG trip report from the Spirit?

Catchum

It’s funny that this post popped back up to the top. I just read it  yesterday when I was doing some research on the Sprit for my October 2021 cruises. 

I’m wondering if @Catchum or anyone else from the 2020 cruises have any pictures of any cabins.  I’m curious how close the images on NCL’s website are to reality.  The pre-renovation cabins were getting mighty dated and the website image are a huge improvement.  

3 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

I’m wondering if,,, anyone else from the 2020 cruises have any pictures of any cabins.

I've found a lengthy video of the Spirit, likely from her final pre-COVID cruise, but it covers a lot of the ship.  See:

@Catchum

If you haven't used your 75% discount yet how about using it on the Jade doing the same route towards the end of 2022.

We always travel Inside as we would rather do 80 days Inside a year than 20 days in a suite!!!   

We got the best of both worlds 19 days in a Suite for what an Inside would have cost using the 75%!!   And the perks too!!

4 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

It’s funny that this post popped back up to the top. I just read it  yesterday when I was doing some research on the Sprit for my October 2021 cruises. 

I’m wondering if @Catchum or anyone else from the 2020 cruises have any pictures of any cabins.  I’m curious how close the images on NCL’s website are to reality.  The pre-renovation cabins were getting mighty dated and the website image are a huge improvement.  

I started a thread with photos back in Feb when we boarded the Spirit for her first post-dry dock cruise ...

Enjoy!

11 hours ago, HuliHuli said:

I've found a lengthy video of the Spirit, likely from her final pre-COVID cruise, but it covers a lot of the ship.  See:

Thanks.  I had already found this video too.  Unfortunately, it doesn't show any cabins and that's what I'm looking for.  The rest of the ship looks great though.

10 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

I started a thread with photos back in Feb when we boarded the Spirit for her first post-dry dock cruise ...

Enjoy!

Thank you so much for posting this @bluesea777.  It has the cabin pictures I was hoping for.  I don't know why I didn't find your original posting when I did a forum search.  

Your cabin looks pretty much like the images on NCL's website.  The Spirit looks great compared to when I sailed her years ago.  I sure hope my B2B in October 2021 happens so I can revisit her and enjoy her upgrades.  

24 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Thank you so much for posting this @bluesea777.  It has the cabin pictures I was hoping for.  I don't know why I didn't find your original posting when I did a forum search.  

Your cabin looks pretty much like the images on NCL's website.  The Spirit looks great compared to when I sailed her years ago.  I sure hope my B2B in October 2021 happens so I can revisit her and enjoy her upgrades.  

Thanks. May I add that the new cabin bathrooms are a huge improvement over the old ones - they are now in line with the Jewel class ships - except for one thing - the toilet on Spirit has better leg room than the Jewel class, lol. Also, although we haven't tried it, the fold out bed for the 3rd person (on Spirit) looks a lot better than the pull out sofa beds (with steel bars and springs) on the Jewel class.

Loved that vanity desk ... with drawer!! So we could hide little things off desk into drawer, out of sight.

The back of Spirit ship is a great place - we loved having breakfast and lunch taken out of the Garden Cafe out there on the terraces, looking out to the sea. That area was very popular during the Suez Canal transit.

22 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Thanks. May I add that the new cabin bathrooms are a huge improvement over the old ones - they are now in line with the Jewel class ships - except for one thing - the toilet on Spirit has better leg room than the Jewel class, lol. Also, although we haven't tried it, the fold out bed for the 3rd person (on Spirit) looks a lot better than the pull out sofa beds (with steel bars and springs) on the Jewel class.

Loved that vanity desk ... with drawer!! So we could hide little things off desk into drawer, out of sight.

The back of Spirit ship is a great place - we loved having breakfast and lunch taken out of the Garden Cafe out there on the terraces, looking out to the sea. That area was very popular during the Suez Canal transit.

Do you recall if your cabin was a standard balcony or a mini-suite/club balcony (which are a little larger)?  I'm booked in a Sail Away Balcony, so I don't know my exact cabin yet, but hoping for a nice standard one somewhere.

I also enjoyed seeing the updated bathrooms.  I assumed they were still going to be the old yellow tile ones from the past.  So that's a bit of a surprise bonus.  At 6'4", I will appreciate the leg room with the toilet!  

We  just came across your review after cancelling our Greek Island cruise for July 2021 this morning.  We were  very optimistic that we would be cruising, however, after hearing our Prime Ministers news conference this morning on the roll out of the Covid vaccine,  we realized that we would probably not be immunized by the time the cruise would be taking place.  Oh well!  we will  just have to wait to cruise the British Isles and the Caribbean in 2022.  

Thank you for posting such a positive review. 

On 12/7/2020 at 10:49 AM, MeHeartCruising said:

Do you recall if your cabin was a standard balcony or a mini-suite/club balcony (which are a little larger)?  I'm booked in a Sail Away Balcony, so I don't know my exact cabin yet, but hoping for a nice standard one somewhere.

I also enjoyed seeing the updated bathrooms.  I assumed they were still going to be the old yellow tile ones from the past.  So that's a bit of a surprise bonus.  At 6'4", I will appreciate the leg room with the toilet!  

Standard balcony cabin. There are no mini-suite/club balcony cabins on the Spirit. IMHO there isn't really a need to have one of the latter on the Spirit as the standard balcony felt adequate for us as the public spaces are good.