Regal Lido Deck Question

rogueriver

We will be (hopefully!) taking a cruise on the Regal in April 2021, Sydney to Los Angeles.  We originally selected a balcony cabin on the Baja deck, but have been "upgraded" to a balcony cabin on the Lido deck (L230), which is mid-forward.  I'm wondering how much movement we might feel on the higher deck.  While I've never been seasick on the few cruises we've been on, I do occasionally get a little queasy on smaller boats or curvy car rides.  Just wondering if we should request that they move us back to Baja deck. Thanks in advance for your advice!

I'm sort of like you with seasickness. Never been seasick on a cruise (knock on wood) but have been quite seasick on a couple of private excursions. Being forward on a cruise ship hasn't affected me yet and neither has being on a higher deck. I do notice movement more at the front (bow). I'm thinking sitting in Princess Theater, when a family member had to leave the show early with symptoms, but I was fine. I've not noticed anything seasickness related on upper decks. I do prefer being aft for other reasons - convenience to laundry, buffet, fitness area, etc. All I can say is what I would do. Take it or leave it. If your Baja cabin is in the B600s to B700s, I would keep it. Otherwise, I'd consider the upgrade. For me, potential for seasickness would not be an issue, in this case.

I agree with @portiemom.  You were either upgraded from a forward BE on Baja, in which case you were probably further forward than you are now.  If it was from a BD which is aft on Baja, then you might prefer that location.  

If your cruise is in mostly warm weather (should be) and you like being outdoors a lot and you tend to use the World Market (buffet) a lot, you might like the convenience of being on Lido deck and not having to go up and down.  It is also close to the Sanctuary if you use that and also close to the "adults only" Retreat Pool area.  If you tend to head for mid-level decks such as the MDR's and entertainment venues, you might prefer a deck further down towards that.

Thanks to both of you for your advice.  I think the Lido deck would be nice to try since we would use the buffet fairly often as well as the pool.  I think we'll leave the room change as is for now.  After all, there is still a very long way to go before it actually happens, so Princess may make a few other cabin changes before we get there.  For the cruise we were supposed to take this April (so sad to see it canceled), they had bumped us to a mini suite.  We were so excited but, alas, it was not to be.