Opinions from Sunshine passengers on upgrade offer deck 6 to deck 9

Silent Penguin

Good morning. I could use some feedback from people who have stayed on deck 9 of the Sunshine or one of its similarly designed sisters.  I just got an email from my TA that Carnival is offering us an upgrade from our balcony room on deck 6 (category 8A) to something on deck 9 for 18.00.  I was thinking about how nice it would be have a room closer to the action - something we never do- so I told her to go ahead and accept the upgrade if it's still available.  Now I'm not sure about it. I could kick myself for not  taking the time to find out from others if there were any balcony rooms on deck 9 I should be warned away from.  What I'm giving up is technically a forward balcony room as close as to midship as a forward category room can be.  

The cabins a little further away from the door to the pool area will probably be guaranteed quiet. We have stayed in the spa balcony cabins on Deck 10 on Sunshine, and it super quiet. We have noticed as we get closer to the doors that open closest to the pool area, the music is slightly noticeable. Having said that, we seek out balcony cabins on Lido-so close to everything, especially the buffet area on early docking days. If you can get that location, you won't regret it! Good luck!