Booking a Suite - Nonrefundable Deposit

My family of 3 is looking at booking a suite on an Oasis Class ship for next summer.

I realize the only option is a nonrefundable deposit for a suite.

With all of the uncertainty, I am considering booking it as a single and paying one deposit instead of three.

When things become a little more clear and it looks like we can all cruise again, I will add my wife and child.

If we can't go, then I only lose one deposit.

Has anyone else done this?

Not wise.  One, it’s unlikely that such a booking would be permitted.  You’d have to book at least 2.  Secondary issue is once life boat capacity for the section is reached, no more adding to a cabin even if it is rated to hold more.  

if you can’t afford the entire deposit, then choose another cabin category that offers refundable options or wait until you can

• Like 1

It is permitted.  There are those on this site that have live posted from a Single Crown Loft Suite.  The total cost is the same as a double.   I think it's going to be a long time before we see life boat capacity being an issue.   The cruise I am looking at, every cabin but one in this category is available.

Edited by Longhorn Cruiser
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Longhorn Cruiser said:

It is permitted.  There are those on this site that have live posted from a Single Crown Loft Suite.  The total cost is the same as a double.   I think it's going to be a long time before we see life boat capacity being an issue.   The cruise I am looking at, every cabin but one in this category is available.

yes but.. there is talk of the cruise lines limiting pax numbers as well.. so they may decide to limit all cabins to 2 or even remove some from inventory so they can't be booked at all, leaving it empty.   

bottom line, if you want to guarantee all members of your party on board, you need to book all members up front.  

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, spookwife said:

Not wise.  One, it’s unlikely that such a booking would be permitted.  You’d have to book at least 2.  Secondary issue is once life boat capacity for the section is reached, no more adding to a cabin even if it is rated to hold more.  

if you can’t afford the entire deposit, then choose another cabin category that offers refundable options or wait until you can

Solos can absolutely book suites. 

• Thanks 1