June 1st announcement coming re: cruise protocol going forward

3 hours ago, njhorseman said:

And for those who don't bother to read the article fully, the grading system doesn't have anything to do with ships cruising with passengers. It's about repatriation of crew while the ships are not in service.

No surprise then, given the provider of the article on this thread! Keep calling these articles out, and good job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

No surprise then, given the provider of the article on this thread! Keep calling these articles out, and good job.

I don't think the OP of the article said that it had anything to do with cruise passengers.  It is important to see what the CDC did say about passenger ships and protocol plans.  Basically, NO discussions yet with any cruise line about protocol plans or exact dates to go back to cruising.  Any line that puts any plan out there needs to strongly state that it has not been approved by the CDC and will be subject to that approval and further changes.

3 hours ago, Fredric22 said:

Once again CDC is showing how incredibly unfair they are to the cruise lines.  I love the quote, "If cruise lines EVER want to operate at full density again..."  as if that is some kind of threat.  Meanwhile, people across the country are gathering together in almost every city with no social distancing.  The CDC acts as though cruise ships created this virus.  Why isn't the CDC recommending commercial planes only fly at 90% less capacity then too?  The CDC needs some leadership changes and focus on how to safely but REASONABLY get our economy back.  I also find it interesting how the Miami Herald continues to write articles about the industry with a negative slant, when the local South Florida economy relies so heavily on cruise tourism.  

I don't think there's a "negative slant" to this article at all.  Looks like a lot of factual data-driven statements and quotes on policies and procedures from the CDC.  Just because we don't like that it doesn't bode well for an immediate return to cruising doesn't mean its slanted.  That's an emotional response.

20 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

I don't think there's a "negative slant" to this article at all.  Looks like a lot of factual data-driven statements and quotes on policies and procedures from the CDC.  Just because we don't like that it doesn't bode well for an immediate return to cruising doesn't mean its slanted.  That's an emotional response.

I respectfully disagree with you.  Besides the CDC quotes, there are other tidbits thrown into this article such as saying that a significant proportion of cruise ships have had outbreaks (that is a bit misleading) and also throwing in some random doctors' opinions about cruise travel.  The article certainly doesn't highlight anything positive about the industry.  

4 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

I respectfully disagree with you.  Besides the CDC quotes, there are other tidbits thrown into this article such as saying that a significant proportion of cruise ships have had outbreaks (that is a bit misleading) and also throwing in some random doctors' opinions about cruise travel.  The article certainly doesn't highlight anything positive about the industry.  

That is so false.  They say that outbreaks have continued.  Plain and simple, and that is true.  Don't put words in the author's mouth.  "Random doctors' opinions"?  Seriously?  These are all experts in their field...they certainly know a heck of a lot more than you or I about these matters.  Finally, not a fluff piece, so if you're looking for rainbows and accolades you're not going to get them.

3 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

That is so false.  They say that outbreaks have continued.  Plain and simple, and that is true.  Don't put words in the author's mouth.  "Random doctors' opinions"?  Seriously?  These are all experts in their field...they certainly know a heck of a lot more than you or I about these matters.  Finally, not a fluff piece, so if you're looking for rainbows and accolades you're not going to get them.

That is your opinion.  I have my opinion, which is that the article was written with a negative slant and provided no positive information about the cruise industry.  There are certainly other facts that can be brought into articles like this that have nothing to do with "fluff."  All the best to you, and happy cruising (hopefully sooner rather than later, despite the CDC). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2020 at 8:18 AM, Corliss said:

I don't "use it."  I just cut and paste from the article and this is what comes up.  There may be a way of changing it; but I'm not aware of it.

I think I see what you are doing.  I don't know what device you are using, but after you copy the text you want to share, see if your device has the option to "Paste as Plain Text" vs. just "Paste."

I know I have been reacting to your large fonts because I interpreted them as you screaming at us.  I realize now that I think you are just making a pasting error (these forums are wonky.)  

Anyway, apologies for joking about your large font posts.  Hope this helps.

• Haha 1