Boxes Are Us?

jetsfan58

I wouldn't want pre-made boxed food with no choices (food allergies that are not normal) but I personally wouldn't be against being allowed to have "In-room" dining from the MDR menu. Heck a lot of cruise lines charge for this privilege anyways! 

I have found myself at times going.. that looks good in the MDR, but I also don't want to have a 2 hour dinner so... to the buffet or somewhere else (depending on the ship) to eat. I didn't want to eat dinner with random strangers before Covid, and I really don't want to now, so I would expect even the YTD to be a crazy wait in general to start. 

I could be it being an issue for those w/o a balcony, but I am sure I am not the only one who would take advantage of something like this who would have one. It's no different than taking food from the buffet to eat in room, and I am sure everyone has done that, even just for a snack, at some point. 

I mean if you are cruising a mainstream line in general for quality of food, then IMO you have an issue to start with. I haven't found food on a cruise yet that isn't comparable to what I make at home, but it is better because I don't have to cook/clean it up!  

On 5/31/2020 at 12:24 PM, jetsfan58 said:

Guys I have had the opportunity to dine at restaurants throughout this and other countries. Many of the so called "high-class" establishments provide you with a "take home" box at the end of your unfinished meal. What's the difference of walking out of a 5 Star establishment with a "box" vs. Cruising on a Carnival luxury ship and walking a "box" to your cabin? 

I remain very humble and just very grateful to be able to have the opportunity to enjoy cruising with family and friends.   

I have actually been doing box out at some of our more high end, they even offer the same overpriced high priced wine to go.  We have been supporting all the local, lunch take out every other day, and take out dinner 2-3 times a week.

My kids actually made the comment, hey better to take home, eat in our PJs and darn good, beside the price on their parents.  So good they both are closing out their lease and moving home this and next week and saving a few thousand a month each on their rent, and eat on us, LOL.

On a cruise as long as they bus my room/table I'm good, and get to go on excursion in ports, I'm all in, darn no wonder our kids always come on our dime too 🙂

Edited by chipmaster