Lift & Shift online form

Good info on here. We have until 16th December to Lift and Shift our cancelled Voyager April 3rd sailing in 2021 from Sydney. I called and was directed to the online 'form' after they confirmed that the only equivalent sailing in 2022 is Ovation on March 21st 2022 which should work for us, especially as it's rumoured the Australian International borders won't be open until late 2021 (especially for us Brits!).

I think I'd rather Lift and Shift than wait for the FCC which won't arrive until Jan 2021 which by then prices could have increased and the FCC may not cover the increase cost.

My only concern was the inability to choose our cabin. From looking here though it would appear you can call and change once allocated, but I bet that doesn't apply to us Brits only my friends in the US. We'll see.

20 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Good info on here. We have until 16th December to Lift and Shift our cancelled Voyager April 3rd sailing in 2021 from Sydney. I called and was directed to the online 'form' after they confirmed that the only equivalent sailing in 2022 is Ovation on March 21st 2022 which should work for us, especially as it's rumoured the Australian International borders won't be open until late 2021 (especially for us Brits!).

I think I'd rather Lift and Shift than wait for the FCC which won't arrive until Jan 2021 which by then prices could have increased and the FCC may not cover the increase cost.

My only concern was the inability to choose our cabin. From looking here though it would appear you can call and change once allocated, but I bet that doesn't apply to us Brits only my friends in the US. We'll see.

You can call and they will do the lift and shift over the phone...that way you will get to pick the cabin.

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can call and they will do the lift and shift over the phone...that way you will get to pick the cabin.

It would appear from my call earlier today that they are reluctant to do it over the phone, as the agent specifically gave me the steps to follow on the website. Tricky to work out which cabin we'd want as we had a 6D on Voyager on deck 12 (one of the added cabins located over the bridge) and even though on the deck plans for Ovation it suggests that they have the same category, I cannot find any if I do a dummy booking to see what are available. 

5 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

It would appear from my call earlier today that they are reluctant to do it over the phone, as the agent specifically gave me the steps to follow on the website. Tricky to work out which cabin we'd want as we had a 6D on Voyager on deck 12 (one of the added cabins located over the bridge) and even though on the deck plans for Ovation it suggests that they have the same category, I cannot find any if I do a dummy booking to see what are available. 

While they may be reluctant they can do it if you push hard enough. It also depends on the agent. 

there is no 6D category on Ovation after April 2021.  It was lost in the recategorization.  The equivalent is a 4D. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

While they may be reluctant they can do it if you push hard enough. It also depends on the agent. 

there is no 6D category on Ovation after April 2021.  It was lost in the recategorization.  The equivalent is a 4D. 

Thanks for the info, at least I can see what 4D's are available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peteukmcr said:

I've done this twice on the phone with Royal....for the very reason of selecting our stateroom.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated. Called and as there is no 6D in April 2022 on Ovation they would look at category 4D, but as we have so much FCC from the cancelled Voyager sailing, didn't do Lift and Shift, just changed the booking to a 2D category more midships which is what we like, and will get £887 back on another FCC.

Hi,  I have 2 friends who require accessible cabins (2 cabins), they had booked 1J's in CP on Harmony TA for this April, and want to L & S to Allure TA for April 22.   The Travel Agent called Royal and called my friends back to say, that there was no 1J's available, but one could have a 2J in CP and the other a Boardwalk cabin, but they would have to pay the new prices.    

When I checked for them, there are accessible 1J's available, so I can't understand why they've been given the information they have.   They are both new to cruising and don't really understand how this all works.    When I've tried to input their booking numbers into the L & S forms it says they have already attempted to L & S this booking.   (I also checked to ensure they were eligible for the sailing before they contacted their TA.   Can anyone give any information of what would happen if the L & S is approved, but they have to change to a different category of cabin, would they have to pay the new prices?    Will Royal change an accessible cabin to another accessible cabin, if the L & S is approved?

Thanks for any help on this

7 minutes ago, texmex.ferr said:

Hi,  I have 2 friends who require accessible cabins (2 cabins), they had booked 1J's in CP on Harmony TA for this April, and want to L & S to Allure TA for April 22.   The Travel Agent called Royal and called my friends back to say, that there was no 1J's available, but one could have a 2J in CP and the other a Boardwalk cabin, but they would have to pay the new prices.    

When I checked for them, there are accessible 1J's available, so I can't understand why they've been given the information they have.   They are both new to cruising and don't really understand how this all works.    When I've tried to input their booking numbers into the L & S forms it says they have already attempted to L & S this booking.   (I also checked to ensure they were eligible for the sailing before they contacted their TA.   Can anyone give any information of what would happen if the L & S is approved, but they have to change to a different category of cabin, would they have to pay the new prices?    Will Royal change an accessible cabin to another accessible cabin, if the L & S is approved?

Thanks for any help on this

Call back and get a different agent. 

if there are only 2 guests in the cabin the agent may not have realized that the category 1J was available as it is normally reserved for 3 or more guests. 

if these were my clients I would actually put a hold on the 2 cabins that I needed and then call and have Royal make the switch.  That way someone could not book them in the meantime. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Call back and get a different agent. 

if there are only 2 guests in the cabin the agent may not have realized that the category 1J was available as it is normally reserved for 3 or more guests. 

Thanks for your quick answer,  There is 2 guests in 1 cabin and 1 guest in the other, the L & S has been requested, because they told the TA to go ahead, should they wait and see what happens when they get the approval?

1 minute ago, texmex.ferr said:

Thanks for your quick answer,  There is 2 guests in 1 cabin and 1 guest in the other, the L & S has been requested, because they told the TA to go ahead, should they wait and see what happens when they get the approval?

If the request has been submitted on line then now you need to wait.  Your TA  could try calling and see if an agent can still do it if you call, it might take a couple of tries to get an agent who will do this.  The hey could also see if resolutions could help......by explaining that there are only the 2 HC cabins available. 

not sure If you can even get a hold of your TA on the weekend or not but I just did a L&S and had it back in just over a day.  

if they didn’t get the correct cabins assigned then call back and have them moved. 

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If the request has been submitted on line then now you need to wait.  Your TA  could try calling and see if an agent can still do it if you call, it might take a couple of tries to get an agent who will do this.  The hey could also see if resolutions could help......by explaining that there are only the 2 HC cabins available. 

not sure If you can even get a hold of your TA on the weekend or not but I just did a L&S and had it back in just over a day.  

if they didn’t get the correct cabins assigned then call back and have them moved. 

Thanks Ken,  The forms were completed on Thursday (unsure exactly when), but they've had nothing back from TA so far, and TA not open on Sunday (I'm not sure  if they're open today).   So, probably now need to wait until Monday, to see what happens, and keep our fingers crossed that the 1J's are still available.

7 minutes ago, texmex.ferr said:

Thanks Ken,  The forms were completed on Thursday (unsure exactly when), but they've had nothing back from TA so far, and TA not open on Sunday (I'm not sure  if they're open today).   So, probably now need to wait until Monday, to see what happens, and keep our fingers crossed that the 1J's are still available.

If you log in to your Royal caribbean account you should be able to see if they have changed your ship and sail date and see what cabins were assigned.

when I looked this morning there were still 2 of the 1J HC balconies available. 

24 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you log in to your Royal caribbean account you should be able to see if they have changed your ship and sail date and see what cabins were assigned.

when I looked this morning there were still 2 of the 1J HC balconies available. 

Thanks Ken,   I'll get them to try and check that out.    The 2J balcony that was offered at the time, doesn't seem to be available now, but there is 2 x 1J's as you mention.   Thanks for your help on this.  Just one last question, I presume the original  price is protected only if they can match like for like, if this is not the case would they then be invoiced at today's rates?

17 minutes ago, texmex.ferr said:

Thanks Ken,   I'll get them to try and check that out.    The 2J balcony that was offered at the time, doesn't seem to be available now, but there is 2 x 1J's as you mention.   Thanks for your help on this.  Just one last question, I presume the original  price is protected only if they can match like for like, if this is not the case would they then be invoiced at today's rates?

Correct, however Royal will not complete the lift and shift if it won't be price matched

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 5:00 PM, Digjharper said:

Thanks for this. I just used the online form to try and L&S my Anthem TA cruise from April 21 to the April 22 one from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona.

Just a follow up to this. I did not hear anything back within the promised 72 hours so called them up.  I spoke to a pleasant gent who told me my request to L & S was declined due to different amount of nights - 14 on the new one, 12 on the one I wanted to change from. (my original TA was from Cape Liberty to Southampton on the Anthem). I accepted this and went on to book the Allure for April 22 instead.

I just looked up my bookings on their website today and guess what - they have actually done the L & S as I had originally requested. I now have two TA’s booked for April 22 - one on the Allure leaving on the 24th and one on the Vision leaving on the 29th 😀

Edited by Digjharper