Fascination/Puerto Rico Cruises-Where are you

powderqn

Alright.  I am proactive on this and I am sharing this with you in case you want to be.  I have not cancelled my possibly cancelled cruise next June.    Will wait for Carnival to confirm.  Hope it still happens!  Just in case, I have held another date of 10/31/21 which does this same itinerary if IT happens.  I have a refundable deposit so I can cancel if original next summer happens.  I am hoping for a new ship in October 2021 but will sail Fascination if she survives.  Just a Plan B!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Seacreature101 said:

Alright.  I am proactive on this and I am sharing this with you in case you want to be.  I have not cancelled my possibly cancelled cruise next June.    Will wait for Carnival to confirm.  Hope it still happens!  Just in case, I have held another date of 10/31/21 which does this same itinerary if IT happens.  I have a refundable deposit so I can cancel if original next summer happens.  I am hoping for a new ship in October 2021 but will sail Fascination if she survives.  Just a Plan B!

The Fantasy and Inspiration are sadly going to be eliminated due to the location and tracking of the ships like Fantasy heading to Turkey. Fascination’s fate is not known yet, but it is transiting the Suez tomorrow and the scrapyard Aliaga is not far away. Have a Plan B in place for sure.

• Like 1

Fascination is scheduled for a drydock later this year (11/06-11/21/2020 per GoCCL). That's a few million of additional expense that can be avoided, in addition to a few million to keep the ship running, and the proceeds from the sale itself. Ecsatsy was last refurbished in October 2019, so she isn't due until mid-to-late 2022.

• 2 weeks later...

Well?  So much for my Plan B by booking first the June 2021 and in case cancelled, booked October 2021.  Boo hoo.  Both cancelled of course.  I opted for FCC.  FYI, you cannot stack onboard credits if it was a rebook.  The onboard credit you may currently have will move with you - not an additional $600 according to what I was told this morning.  I was also told you can cancel a seven night and use the $600 onboard credit on a shorter cruise.  Does not have to be seven nights.  Dang it.  I really wanted this itinerary!!!