Non refundable Fares

am looking to book a cruise in Oct 2021 with Princess. I got a email confirmation today which included this "The fare you have booked is a promotional fare and is valid for new bookings only and not combinable with any
other offer. Fares are 100% non-refundable and non-transferable. Please ensure you have travel insurance
before paying your deposit."

And the full fare is payable 10 months before the cruise.

This seems ridiculous to me.

Any body else had similar experience?

If these conditions are through a travel agent have a look at another agent to see their conditions or look directly on the Princess site and do a dummy booking and find out their conditions and what they are offering. They will list the date of the final payment here.

Are the savings worth paying ten months before the cruise.

I have never had Princess ask for the full payment 10 months before sailing but these are strange times we are living in.

But I have certainly seen it on OZ travel agents websites and I will not book under these conditions.

I was wondering if it was that OZ travel agent. If so they've gone from bad to worse - they used to demand final payment six months in advance. I refused to book with them under those conditions.

If it is that OZ TA and it's the PNG cruise you save about $65 total on an inside cabin, less on a balcony cabin. Absolutely, definitely not worth it.

Book direct with Princess.

I am looking to book a cruise in Oct 2021 with Princess. I got a email confirmation today which included this "The fare you have booked is a promotional fare and is valid for new bookings only and not combinable with any
other offer. Fares are 100% non-refundable and non-transferable. Please ensure you have travel insurance

Kindly tell me which ship, departure date and port and I will tell you if it's a good deal or not.
And also about the final payment date

1 minute ago, drsel said:

Is the price less than 100 US dollars per night for an inside cabin?

If it's an Australian cruise booked in Australia the price will be in AUD. The OP is from Sydney.

7 hours ago, drsel said:

It will be e much cheaper to use US online travel agents and pay in US dollars
Australian travel agents are the most expensive.

No it wasnt much cheaper in the US,

10 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I was wondering if it was that OZ travel agent. If so they've gone from bad to worse - they used to demand final payment six months in advance. I refused to book with them under those conditions.

Yes it was.

10 hours ago, drsel said:

Kindly tell me which ship, departure date and port and I will tell you if it's a good deal or not.
And also about the final payment date

Sea Princess, from Sydney on 25 Oct 21, Final payment due 1/12/20.

This is why you read the Terms and conditions, I would avoid that offer. Seems an offer to hold onto your money no matter what happens.

Too many what if's for my liking, like will the cruise go? will you be able to do it? can you get insurance to cover you if either happens?

Seriously, you might save a pittance through that TA and get a bit of OBC but their terms are ridiculous. You can book the same cruise direct with Princess, refundable deposit if you cancel outside the cancellation penalty period (usually six months prior), final payment usually 90 days prior. Also if the fare drops before final payment you can ring Princess and they will refare your booking without charging any fee.

Sea Princess, from Sydney on 25 Oct 21, Final payment due 1/12/20.

Lovely itinerary, good choice!

US$ 1199+300 taxes and fees per person, for an inside cabin for 15 nights. Sydney round trip.

US$ 125 OBC per cabin

Non refundable deposit

I may be wrong, but think when booking through US agency grats are not included and are added daily during the voyage.  When booking with Australian agent or Princess Australia office they are included in price.  Something to think about per person - usually around $US13 per day (may be more when in a balcony) - that sure adds up to $$$ during a cruise.

40 minutes ago, drsel said:

All price drops are repriced lower with no fees in most Cruise lines. You only have to phone the agent or Cruise line.

Some Australian agents charge a fee for refaring. I think the OZ one might be one of those.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

19 minutes ago, pacificlover said:

I may be wrong, but think when booking through US agency grats are not included and are added daily during the voyage.  When booking with Australian agent or Princess Australia office they are included in price.  Something to think about per person - usually around $US13 per day (may be more when in a balcony) - that sure adds up to $$$ during a cruise.

That is correct. Plus you are at the mercy of exchange rate fluctuations.

37 minutes ago, drsel said:

Lovely itinerary, good choice!

US$ 1199+300 taxes and fees per person, for an inside cabin for 15 nights. Sydney round trip.

US$ 125 OBC per cabin

Non refundable deposit

At today's exchange rate it works out cheaper to book it through Princess in AUD. No OBC but deposit is refundable.

21 hours ago, packy04 said:

am looking to book a cruise in Oct 2021 with Princess. I got a email confirmation today which included this "The fare you have booked is a promotional fare and is valid for new bookings only and not combinable with any

Carnival want the money in to help them survive.

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Carnival want the money in to help them survive.

That cruise has been on sale since late last year. The booking restrictions are not Princess, they are set by the travel agent the OP looked at who, incidentally, don't show their terms and conditions up front, only in the confirmation email but before the deposit is paid.

22 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That cruise has been on sale since late last year. The booking restrictions are not Princess, they are set by the travel agent the OP looked at who, incidentally, don't show their terms and conditions up front, only in the confirmation email but before the deposit is paid.

TA wants the money then, to pay rent and wages?