Fleet redeployment: Joy canceled next year 2021 (aug + sept)

fstuff1

We had back to back Joy sailings of 5 days from 8/27-9/6/2021 both cancelled.  Waiting for FCC to book something.  Looks as if the Breakaway is due in New York around that time frame.  Being from North of boston, Canada/New England doesn't interest me.  Desperate times, desperate measures!!

11 minutes ago, Donoilman said:

We had back to back Joy sailings of 5 days from 8/27-9/6/2021 both cancelled.  Waiting for FCC to book something.  Looks as if the Breakaway is due in New York around that time frame.  Being from North of boston, Canada/New England doesn't interest me.  Desperate times, desperate measures!!

So sorry you lost your B2B plans!  

I'm hoping this 'redeployment' doesn't go on to cancel my 11 day out of Miami on October 19th 2021.  It has a great southern itinerary with ports we haven't been to in years.

About 2 weeks since this thread started and still no cruises available for Joy on NCL website for these 2021 dates:

August 29th to September 11th 2021

October 2nd to October 18th 2021

Has anybody else been cancelled for 'Fleet Redeployment'?

Edited by Sand and Seas

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this thread about missing New York itineraries for Joy 2021

(What else do we have to talk about🤔)

Still seeing nothing available for Joy:

August 29th to September 11th 2021

October 2nd to October 18th 2021

Has anyone heard what will be happening for Joy then?  October 19th, 2021 she is still scheduled for an 11 Day out of Miami.

This thread has a misleading title. Out of all sailings in 2021, this thread focuses on just 2 periods, August 29-September 11 and October 2-18, in other words just 31 days out of 365. Saying "Joy cancelled next year" seems a little sensationalist to me (and my heart skipped a beat because we're booked on that ship, tho' not for the time period in question.) 

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

This thread has a misleading title. Out of all sailings in 2021, this thread focuses on just 2 periods, August 29-September 11 and October 2-18, in other words just 31 days out of 365. Saying "Joy cancelled next year" seems a little sensationalist to me (and my heart skipped a beat because we're booked on that ship, tho' not for the time period in question.) 

At the time OP created thread it was clear many sailings had disappeared and title was not 'misleading'.    

Some sailings came back and at least one changed from 5 days to 7 days during that time period.  Unfortunately, you can't update a thread title.

It's still strange that after this many weeks no other itineraries have showed up for the dates that remain missing.     I guess NCL is  still figuring out what they want to do for 'Fleet redeployment'.     You would think they would want to be selling those cruises and giving those who were cancelled a chance to re-book during that time period.

Just now, Sand and Seas said:

At the time OP created thread it was clear many sailings had disappeared and title was not 'misleading'.    

Some sailings came back and at least one changed from 5 days to 7 days during that time period.  Unfortunately, you can't update a thread title.

It's still strange that after this many weeks no other itineraries have showed up for the dates that remain missing.     I guess NCL is  still figuring out what they want to do for 'Fleet redeployment'.     You would think they would want to be selling those cruises and giving those who were cancelled a chance to re-book during that time period.

"Unfortunately, you can't update a thread title."

And therein lies the problem.

On 7/29/2020 at 6:29 PM, DCGuy64 said:

"Unfortunately, you can't update a thread title."

And therein lies the problem.

Mods can edit titles at any time.

Anyone know why 5 ships are on TAs now? They all seemed to have gotten the word on Friday.

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

....Anyone know why 5 ships are on TAs now? They all seemed to have gotten the word on Friday.

There is a lot of talk about this on this thread copied below.

Some are headed to ports that have regulations that allow for easier crew staffing changes:  

Edited by Sand and Seas