Another Lift & Shift Question - Online Request

kittywife77

Hi all,

I've just requested a lift and shift on our December SA cruise to 2021.

How long do Celebrity normally take to confirm. Also, my cabin is showing as available... Will they allocate it to us?

Thanks in advance.

KW 

I did it earlier this week and it took about a day to be completed, but it says it can take up to 72 hours. They gave us the same cabin we had on our 2021 sailing for the 2022 sailing we shifted too.

Edited by prim8keeper

Mine was submitted last Friday and still haven't heard anything.   From what I understand if you had things booked with your OBC on the original cruise they will be automatically cancelled and the OBC will show on the new one.

Did mine via a call-in.  It does seem to be an intensive process on the back end.  I spent less than 5 minutes picking my new cruise choice (already knew which one I wanted), then 55 minutes on hold while they sorted it out.  In the end, it was done well... but it's not a speedy request.

Edited by mk-ultra

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Mine was submitted last Friday and still haven't heard anything.   From what I understand if you had things booked with your OBC on the original cruise they will be automatically cancelled and the OBC will show on the new one.

I called tonight and they said mine are in the queue at resolutions.  I guess that department is having to deal with them all.  They said they were taking a week at this point.  I guess if you call in and hold them on the phone you get priority.

Our CVP did ours on line only because I had a question for her and she did it while we were talking. Saw the new info in my account the next day and got the confirmation shortly after. Switched from Edge to Apex and assigned the same room for both cruises. Our OBC carried over.

You can check your Upcoming Cruises to see if the old cruise is gone and the new cruise assigned.  Once your new cruise/cabin is assigned , use the reservation ID to check the account balance to ensure the L&S was completed properly. Once the new cruise is assigned, you can go into the automated phone line and request your new Booking Confirmation... 

I just did a L&S with RCI that I started online. I had to call several times to get all the details worked out. Squeaky wheel approach....

I have been dealing with our lift and shift request for the last 5 days. Started Wednesday with several calls and finally got an agent to handle the request only to see with the email confirmation she moved our travel companions to the wrong week.  We have a group of 10, 4 of which are from Canada. Still no confirmation for US passengers. As of today, I  am told that the 72 hours in which to expect an email confirmation is actually ‘business hours’, when the agent returned to the phone after a ‘hold’ I was told that I should wait a few more days as they are backlogged. Unable to get a cabin assignment until they complete the ‘shift’. Interesting to note that our Canadian travel companions used a travel agent, and got their lift and shift accomplished WITH cabin assignment with just a phone call. I will be using a travel agent in the future.