Why do I get `E-price/promotion not eligible´ when booking?

Jorg_

I'm in Sweden and tried two times now to book a cruise on Equinox Nov 7, 2021. I start at the offer for Summer Double Savings and then go through the entire process. I can select a Sky Suite and I am given the correct summary and can enter passanger details, credit card no, etc. After the final step of booking I get a page saying that a confirmation has now been sent to my e-mail address. But I never get one. I see the correct summary for my booking on screen but also a red text: 'E-price/promotion not eligible'.

Anyone familiar with this? If the promotion is not eligible, then why do they let me go through the whole process for both reservation and payment before telling me? And why is the promotion not eligible? Do I have a booking or not? (Can''t call Celebrity until tomorrow, so trying here first...maybe someone have a clue to what is wrong?)

Do you book from www.celebritycruises.se or .com? In other words, is your final price quoted in SEK or USD?

Being a Scandinavian, you may not be able to take part of US promotions directly on Celebrity's US website, hence you cannot book directly on the US website, quoted in USD.

You can, however, book with a US-based travel agent and get the US promotions that way. We have done it twice without any problems.

Otherwise, you can book on the .se website and get quoted in SEK with the current Scandinavian promotion.

If you did indeed use the .se website, try calling Celebrity Scandinavia tomorrow to inquire about the error, on 0200880155.

EDIT: Looking at the USD price vs. SEK price, you would definitely be better off using the SEK price with the current promotion; the cheapest Sky Suite for that cruise is ~60000SEK with all four perks, the current USD price with the same perks would convert to 77000SEK!!!!!

Edited by mikkelhansen

Thank you. I will call them tomorrow.

There is no longer a dedicated site for Sweden (.se). When you go to Celebritycruises.com you are automatically re-directed to Celebritycruises.com/se

All prices were quoted in SEK. 

28 minutes ago, Jorg_ said:

Thank you. I will call them tomorrow.

There is no longer a dedicated site for Sweden (.se). When you go to Celebritycruises.com you are automatically re-directed to Celebritycruises.com/se

All prices were quoted in SEK. 

Yes, the old dedicated Nordic wesbites (which were horrible, IMO) have not been replaced with a "country code" on celebritycruises.com. But since your cruise was quoted in SEK, you were clearly on the Swedish promotions and you should call them tomorrow.

• Like 1

I ran into this same issue a couple of months ago with a new US booking. I took screen shots of the confirmation, pricing, etc. and sent them to Celebrity because they had no record of the booking being made. The price increased because the promotion I was using had ended. Because of the screenshots a supervisor  honored the promotion and booked me at the lower price. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jorg_ said:

I'm in Sweden and tried two times now to book a cruise on Equinox Nov 7, 2021. I start at the offer for Summer Double Savings and then go through the entire process. I can select a Sky Suite and I am given the correct summary and can enter passanger details, credit card no, etc. After the final step of booking I get a page saying that a confirmation has now been sent to my e-mail address. But I never get one. I see the correct summary for my booking on screen but also a red text: 'E-price/promotion not eligible'.

Anyone familiar with this? If the promotion is not eligible, then why do they let me go through the whole process for both reservation and payment before telling me? And why is the promotion not eligible? Do I have a booking or not? (Can''t call Celebrity until tomorrow, so trying here first...maybe someone have a clue to what is wrong?)

See posting #5

10 hours ago, ChuckL said:

I ran into this same issue a couple of months ago with a new US booking. I took screen shots of the confirmation, pricing, etc. and sent them to Celebrity because they had no record of the booking being made. The price increased because the promotion I was using had ended. Because of the screenshots a supervisor  honored the promotion and booked me at the lower price. 

It's a sad reflection of how we now need to conduct business with Celebrity, taking screen shots of our interactions because you can't count on their website.