1/2 Day Kusadai and 1/2 day in Patmos, Greece

I booked a couple Back-to-Back cruises in October 2021 (just in case we're sailing by then.  🙂)  I was surprised to see that the Kusadasi stop is only for 1/2 day with a later stop that same day in Patmos, Greece.  The times are Kusadasi from 6:30am to 12:30pm and then Patmos from 6:30pm to 10:30pm.  Both cruises of my B2B are doing this stop, so I'll have to deal with it twice.

Fortunately, I've already been to Kusadasi twice and have been to Ephesus both times (with the Terrace Houses once).  Looking at the excursions for Kusadasi, it doesn't even look like they are offering a Terrace House tour for this timeframe.  Or perhaps it's just not listed yet since it's so far off.  And the other, longer excursions that I've taken in the past to Didyma, etc. are also not offered.  No idea what I'll do, but probably go back to Ephesus to see what's changed in the last 9 years since I was last there.

I have no idea what one would do in Patmos with a 6:30pm arrival in late October.  

Anyone else ever seen this odd timing/combination of stops in one day?  Weird to me.

• Like 1

I agree -- sounds very weird!

For Kusadasi, if you haven't been to the museum in Selcuk (or haven't been to it since it was renovated) it is well worth a few hours. Just in case you decide against returning to Ephesus. :classic_wink: Not that there's anything wrong with a repeat visit -- I have been three times and will likely go back again on my next Kusadasi stop (also currently scheduled for October 2021, but for a full day visit).

As for Patmos -- really strange timing. Patmos isn't exactly a hotbed of nightlife, unlike some of the other Greek isles.  Maybe this article will provide a little inspiration:  https://www.windstarcruises.com/blog/what-to-do-in-patmos-greece-in-24-hours/

• Like 1

Curious  what cruise Line?   The main site in Patmos is the cave where John wrote revelations, not sure that would be open in the evening?   Also supposed to be lovely beaches but that also wouldn’t work.   

50 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Curious  what cruise Line?   The main site in Patmos is the cave where John wrote revelations, not sure that would be open in the evening?   Also supposed to be lovely beaches but that also wouldn’t work.   

I just realized I should have posted the cruise details.  This itinerary is from NCL on the Spirit ship.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I agree -- sounds very weird!

For Kusadasi, if you haven't been to the museum in Selcuk (or haven't been to it since it was renovated) it is well worth a few hours. Just in case you decide against returning to Ephesus. :classic_wink: Not that there's anything wrong with a repeat visit -- I have been three times and will likely go back again on my next Kusadasi stop (also currently scheduled for October 2021, but for a full day visit).

As for Patmos -- really strange timing. Patmos isn't exactly a hotbed of nightlife, unlike some of the other Greek isles.  Maybe this article will provide a little inspiration:  https://www.windstarcruises.com/blog/what-to-do-in-patmos-greece-in-24-hours/

Thanks Cruisemom.  This is helpful info on Patmos.  NCL has not posted any excursion details yet for Patmos (and not even sure how many they will offer with a 6:30pm arrival.  I also won't be surprised if this itinerary changes over the next 15 months.  Far too early to worry about it.

• 8 months later...

NCL has had a nasty habit of cutting their port times to offer more ports.  The Patmos thing is weird since sunset will be by 7:30.  But a 6:30 PM arrival makes little sense.  It is too late for daylight stuff and too early for nightlife (Greek nightlife tends to be somewhat later).  I guess one could go ashore to eat dinner but most on NCL would likely opt to eat on board.  

Hank

I've been trying to find earlier years of same itinerary or similar to see what was actually done on that night at Patmos.   Hopefully it will get changed with the new summer ones not having this stop at all nor Turkey.

• Athens (Piraeus),Greece
  • Iraklion (Crete),Greece
  • Rhodes,Greece
  • Mykonos,Greece
  • Olympia (Katakolon),Greece
  • Corfu,Greece
  • Santorini,Greece
  • Athens (Piraeus),Greece

• 1 month later...
On 4/10/2021 at 11:54 AM, ISLABONITA said:

I booked an NCL Greek isles cruise for next fall Oct 2, 2022 and have been asking NCL if this is an error since their 2 excursions require daylight.

We are on the 16-Oct-22 sailing of that same itinerary.  There are only two shore excursions listed for Patmos - one is two hours long, one if four hours long.  I didn't think about sunlight and what that would mean for the experience.  

I will come back if I find more information. 

Edited by kevin&randall
  • Like 1