Eurodam Signature Spa Verandah Suite Deck 10?

bzv143

Anyone stayed in this suite, the one(s) on Panorama deck at the front? There are only two -- Category SU. Need help deciding. Pros, cons. Description, amenities, proximity to food, quietness, etc. I know the balcony is smaller and is metal, but I've always wanted to stay in a cabin at the front of a ship. 😉

Any advice appreciated.

1 hour ago, bzv143 said:

Anyone stayed in this suite, the one(s) on Panorama deck at the front? There are only two -- Category SU. Need help deciding. Pros, cons. Description, amenities, proximity to food, quietness, etc. I know the balcony is smaller and is metal, but I've always wanted to stay in a cabin at the front of a ship. 😉

Any advice appreciated.

Check out the halfacts website but look at the Nieuw Amsterdam SU cabin for a great video.

With HAL "Spa" cabins/suiteshave VERY few amenities - yoga mat and "access to spa treatments from the Greenhouse Spa and Salon" (whatever that means!).  They DO NOT get complimentary access to the ships Thermal Suite and Hydrotherapy pool.  Not even sure they get a discount on any Spa related services.

That said - if you wish to book the room for the location or cabin attributes and the pricing is acceptable then go for it.  I would not however pay more just for it being a "Spa" cabin.

Thanks, @AtlantaCruiser72. 🙏🏼  I’m torn because the location for us is perfect and the price is almost 1/2 of what we would pay for an SB, our usual booking. Downfall, miserable balcony space.

I was hoping for Included Hydrotherapy pool access since my DH is a marathon runner, but you dashed that dream. 😢

I am sure you are aware of this but thought I would mention it anyway, I presume that you have no issues with motion sickness. We have had a cabin right at the front of the ship ONCE never ever again I have never been so sick in my life. Not only do you get more movement at the front you are also higher up “the more you pay the more you sway”. That said I can’t understand choosing a balcony which is so much smaller than the others, still each to his own.

Happy planning.

Rosalyn

Thank you, @cruiseaholic78 I agree that the balcony is a deficit, along with the small bathroom. That weighed heavily on me. On the positive side--I love rocking at sea, and the location, one deck above the hydrotherapy pool and one deck below the Observation deck and coffee were real clinchers for me. So I booked with the proviso that if a fab deal comes along for an upgrade to a SA, we will move.  🙂