NCL Joy Cabin 17122?

ChristinaN

I've booked this cabin for an upcoming cruise but can't seem to come up with any accurate photos of it.  I'm worried that I'm not getting what I need which is space for our family of five.  It seems that the Joy changed cabin categories at some point?  Does anyone have photos or video of the Haven 2 Bedroom with Large Balcony? 

Thanks. 🙂

9 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

It's weird that the balcony extends to outside the master shower. Didn't see a curtain. Hope that's one way glass, lol!

Deck 17 balconies are deeper on Joy, Bliss, and Encore vs. deck 18. That extra depth leads to the issue outside of the 2BR master bathroom. 

IMG-7534-Copy.jpg

Someone on deck 18 won't have that issue. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ChristinaN said:

I'm surprised that they don't have loungers on the balcony given the size of it.  

If not there, you can ask your steward for one. If it fits, someone will get one for you. Even if not in a suite and the balcony is large enough, it's possible to get a lounger or 2. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dexddd said:

They also charge more for the ones on 17 typically.  And not just a small amount.

Interesting.  My cabin on 17 was cheaper than the smaller balcony two bedroom on 18???  

20 hours ago, ChristinaN said:

Interesting.  My cabin on 17 was cheaper than the smaller balcony two bedroom on 18???  

Depends when you booked. They recently re-categorized suites and minis.  On the new ships more for the bigger balconies.  The OS on new ships now DOS.  On older ships, deck 10 OS more than 9 but that was prior to most recent change.  Trying to squeeze out what they can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

Depends when you booked. They recently re-categorized suites and minis.  On the new ships more for the bigger balconies.  The OS on new ships now DOS.  On older ships, deck 10 OS more than 9 but that was prior to most recent change.  Trying to squeeze out what they can.

I must have lucked out because I only booked 2 weeks ago.  Good information to know.  🙂

On 7/24/2020 at 10:54 AM, disneylover89 said:

Can you see through the window into the bathroom from the balcony?

From my understanding, you can.  There appears to be a roller shade that you can descend in the shower if desired.