Has anyone ever filed a dispute with the CC company against Cruise Line?

I am one of thousands who had a trip that was cancelled by the travel company in April 2020.  In this case it was Vantage Deluxe World Travel, Iceland.  No air fare involved.  No refund on the horizon.

People say "file a dispute with your CC company".  I have never done this before.  I paid for the trip with Chase Sapphire Reserve Card.  

What happens if they start the dispute with Vantage and Vantage still doesn't refund the monies?  I guess the CC company takes the monies back?

Anyone with experience doing this?

Haven't done this with a cruise, only something minor. A lot of people have been trying this to get refunds from 3rd-party OTA's that they booked flights with. Some  have been successful, some have not.

This is called a credit card charge-back. Essentially you need to file a claim through your credit card company. The process varies with different cards so check directly with Chase (info should be on their website).  It will be reviewed and if it is deemed a valid complaint, they will give you a temporary refund to your card. Then the company (Vantage in this case) will be given a time-frame to dispute the charge-back (usually around 2 billing cycles). At the end of the time-frame it will be determined whether the charge-back is warranted, based on what they hear (or don't hear from) the company. If they side with the company, they will reverse the temporary credit, so don't go crazy thinking you have all of this money until you receive the final decision from the credit card company!

Did you have travel insurance that might help? Based on what I have read, some are finding that they are not covered for Covid-19 so you'd need to check your policy carefully and/or contact your insurer.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...
On 7/30/2020 at 3:24 PM, bornfreenowexpensive said:

I am one of thousands who had a trip that was cancelled by the travel company in April 2020.  In this case it was Vantage Deluxe World Travel, Iceland.  No air fare involved.  No refund on the horizon.

People say "file a dispute with your CC company".  I have never done this before.  I paid for the trip with Chase Sapphire Reserve Card.  

What happens if they start the dispute with Vantage and Vantage still doesn't refund the monies?  I guess the CC company takes the monies back?

Anyone with experience doing this?

You should have some 'insurance coverage' through Chase Sapphire, file a claim through them first.

Good luck and bon voyage