Statendam summer 2021 cruises rescheduled

Balliett

I received an email today.  My 14 day Northern Isles cruise on Statendam has been changed from 6-25 to 7-18 2021 and departs from Amsterdam instead of Copenhagen.  Looks like many changes for that ship, based on a delay in the launching of the Ryndam.  This change works for me, for many reasons.  One, more likely I'll have the vaccine by then.  Also, they added 250 in OBC for my trouble.

• Like 1

Our 10 day Baltic cruise leaving 8/29/2021 r/t Copenhagen was changed to 12 day Baltic 8/22 out of Amsterdam with all the same stops plus Copenhagen. Supposedly same cabin category or better, all promotions and fare protected, plus $100/pp OBC. As long as Europe is accepting US citizens and we are healthy (knock wood), we will be on the ship. Looks like they're consolidating a few different cruises into this one, which probably means a full ship. Itinerary will be finalized in 4-6 weeks according to the email. 

Our  10 day Baltic cruise leaving 7-26-2021 from Copenhagen to Stockhom was changed to the same 8/22 r/t Amsterdam. The itinerary is significantly different. The new cruise is not going to Klaipeda Lithuania, which was the primary reason that we were on the original cruise. We got the same offer of same cabin class plus $100 OBC pp. We are probably going to cancel and look for a different cruise that stops in Lithuania, likely with a different cruise line. 

After our Rotterdam (VI) cruise for the British Isles this year was cancelled, we decided to leave our deposit as a FCC. With the positive talk recently regarding a vaccine, our thoughts were to at least book a cruise for late 2021. If the timing doesn't work we are prepared to cancel and wait for 2022.

We settled on the then Ryndam as we really enjoyed our 20 days on the Nieuw Statendam last year. The fact that the Ryndam is to do two Northern Isle cruises seemed like a decent alternative to the British Isles cruise. One was mid-July 2021 and the other is late August 2021. We opted for the later of the two 2021 Northern Isles cruises. My thought was if the completion is delayed, we stand a better chance of actually sailing as scheduled. Even though our PCC was told by HAL that Ryndam/now Rotterdam was on schedule, he felt that maybe we were making a wise decision. The difference in the two cruises, besides a bit later in the season, is visiting Molde instead of Alesund.

Much to my surprise the other day reading on CC that the Ryndam was now to be known as the Rotterdam (VII)! Delivery had been pushed back to the end of July. Our cruise has kept its original schedule - and we will sail on a Rotterdam after all!

• Like 1

I already posted this in another thread, but our 9-night to Norway on the Nieuw Stat in June (Amsterdam to Copenhagen) was changed to a rather bland 7-night R/T Amsterdam cruise. All 36 of us will likely cancel and look elsewhere for a vacation.

Poor move, HAL

We are on this same itinerary for June 6th...not happy about the change to 7 nights, eliminating a few ports that were a priority for us....looking elsewhere also....disappointed since we were looking forward to the itinerary and ship.

Edited by macaroni

14 hours ago, dfilpus said:

Our  10 day Baltic cruise leaving 7-26-2021 from Copenhagen to Stockhom was changed to the same 8/22 r/t Amsterdam. The itinerary is significantly different. The new cruise is not going to Klaipeda Lithuania, which was the primary reason that we were on the original cruise. We got the same offer of same cabin class plus $100 OBC pp. We are probably going to cancel and look for a different cruise that stops in Lithuania, likely with a different cruise line. 

We too were booked on the same cruise and received the email from HAL with the new itinerary & dates. Like you, we are not thrilled with the new itinerary. Priority stops were Klaipeda & Riga which are not on new itinerary. The $100 OBC is not overwhelming either. Hugely disappointed because we have wanted to go to the Baltics for so long. Many bookings were made and cancelled to accommodate family/life events going back 15 years.

We will keep an eye out for other itineraries as they are published. When we see something appealing, we will cancel & rebook.

We were booked for July 9 on the 10 day Jewels of the Baltic and switched to August 22nd.  Of course going from a 10 day cruise to a 12 day cruise works to our advantage, however, the date does not.

My wife and I are teachers, so we booked in July for a reason.  We would be missing around 11 days of school if we went in August.  

I just don't understand why Holland America did not switch the guests from the Ryndam (Rotterdam) to the Nieuw Statendam's itinerary?