Questions for those who have disembarked from Vancouver

TorontoTL

I am wondering how far it is to go from the port to the Vancouver airport. Our cruise in May will disembard in Vancouver and I'm wondering how long a cab ride it would be to get from the ship to the airport. If you know as well, how much a cab would cost?

My wife and I took a cab back from the main pier (Canada Place) when we got back from our Celebrity cruise to Alaska three years ago. It was a quick ride to the airport -- maybe 15 minutes, if I remember correctly. I forget the exact cost, but it wasn't too bad -- and remember, the Canadian dollar is worth only about 80% of the US dollar.

It all depends on the traffic. From the port last May, it cost us about $25 CAD. There is a cab line after you have picked up your luggage and passed through immigration. Could be cheaper if you share a cab to the airport as most people in line are going to the airport.

My wife and I took a cab back from the main pier (Canada Place) when we got back from our Celebrity cruise to Alaska three years ago. It was a quick ride to the airport -- maybe 15 minutes, if I remember correctly. I forget the exact cost, but it wasn't too bad -- and remember, the Canadian dollar is worth only about 80% of the US dollar.

Your cabbie must have been flying! It usually takes about 25 minutes without a ton of traffic - it's all surface streets. Cost is $25-30 Cdn with tip.

It was a good 40 minutes for us to travel from the Airport to Canada Place and this was on a Saturday afternoon around 1pm. The traffic was so heavy. I booked a Limo so I can't quote the cab fare.. but the limo was around 90.00 (stretch)

Sometimes two or more cruises arrive in succession -- our experience last May. The cab line would have taken one hour just to get a cab. Luckily, we spotted an Airport Bus -- otherwise we would have missed our flight. When we got off the ship we went for a stroll not knowing about the cab lines. /Sultan

Cabs are now $30+++ca Canada Place to airport - allow 45 min. it is congested stop and go city traffic all the way. :)

If the cab lines are long downstairs at the port. then head upstairs, tip the doorman of the Pan Pacific and get a cab much more quickly.

IF You are leaving with no touring of Vancouver, then look at US Direct for time savings.

I live just outside of Vancouver and everything I can find indicates about a $25-$30 cab fare. Here is another alternative to consider, Limos are a nice way to end your vacation and not a whole lot more expensive. Here is a link to one of their websites http://www.limojetgold.com/cruise.htm

Have fun on your cruise.

My experience is from 2003, but when we went to fly home following an Alaska cruise on the Coral Princess, it was the absolute worst experience in an airport. I don't know if there were too many cruise ships in town or what, but the line to get to the counter, through customs, through security, etc. stretched as far as the eye could see. There were no signs--people were standing in line for hours only to find it was the wrong line. They finally started pulling people out of line so they could get their flights. As it was we had to sprint to get ours and they held the airplane at that. Not something I would want to repeat. Hopefully it has improved since our flight, but you might want to factor in extra time in case it has not changed.

Archived