Couple of Questions about FCC

johnnyd

Hi,  I have FCC valued at $5300 which expires on 12/31/2021. I am looking at booking a cruise for October, 2021. The cruise cost will be $4200. What happens to the surplus FCC. Can I use it as OBC? Do I have to book a second cruise? Also, what are the cruise cancellation rules in this new pandemic world we live in?

You will be issued a new FCC for the balance.  I believe it will have the same expiry date.  I wonder if this may be a situation where you would want to apply for the 100% refund prior to the deadline.

From my calculations your original cruise fare on the cancelled cruise was $4240 which yielded you the $5300 FCC ($4240 * 125%).    So if you got a refund of $4240 it would fully cover your new cruise.

But you should study the FAQ's as there is some very good information there.

Edited by wrk2cruise

An additional factor is that the FCC cannot be used to pay the deposit - must be paid in cash.  Perhaps another reason to convert your FCC to cash if that is an option.

Hypothetical example:

Cruise price $4200

Convert FCC to $4240

You are $40 cash to the good

Instead pay say a $500 cash deposit and the rest with FCC

You are left with $1600 in residual FCC which may or may not be usable

And you are $500 cash to the bad

best wishes

I remember in the early days they said FCC's couldn't be used for deposit but that seems to have changed at least for FCC's issued for Suspended cruises. 

From the FAQ

If I’m ready to rebook my Celebrity Cruises vacation, do I need to make my deposit today, or can I wait for my Future Cruise Credit?

FCC’s can be applied to cover deposit.  Reminder, FCC’s are applicable to the cruise fare only and cannot be applied as payments towards taxes, fees, prepaid gratuities or MoveUp bids. 

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

I remember in the early days they said FCC's couldn't be used for deposit but that seems to have changed at least for FCC's issued for Suspended cruises. 

From the FAQ

If I’m ready to rebook my Celebrity Cruises vacation, do I need to make my deposit today, or can I wait for my Future Cruise Credit?

FCC’s can be applied to cover deposit.  Reminder, FCC’s are applicable to the cruise fare only and cannot be applied as payments towards taxes, fees, prepaid gratuities or MoveUp bids. 

My bad - was not up to speed on the latest changes

Has anybody successfully used FCC to pay for the deposit? We would like to book a cruise for the 2nd half of 2021 (I assume they will be crowded and pricey with everybody holding a lot of credits and lift and shift, etc.) but as Celebrity already owes me $3k in FCC, I really do NOT want to pay another $500 (as an interest free loan) a year in advance to hold a room.

2 hours ago, JennAngel9 said:

Has anybody successfully used FCC to pay for the deposit? We would like to book a cruise for the 2nd half of 2021 (I assume they will be crowded and pricey with everybody holding a lot of credits and lift and shift, etc.) but as Celebrity already owes me $3k in FCC, I really do NOT want to pay another $500 (as an interest free loan) a year in advance to hold a room.

If I understood my CVP as he was outlying my choices and $$$implications for several transactions we were working on, in my case yes, I would owe more to cover Deposit, but the money wouldn’t be due until Final Payment date. Unless I cancelled and needed to cover all of my NRD.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Following up on my own question, earlier this week I was able to do this entirely through Celebrity's website and it was SHOCKINGLY EASY.  It would have taken less than 2 minutes except I somehow had the wrong FCC number, but I was able to use the chat help person/bot to get my correct FCC # and I just typed it in, next cruise booked with no additional deposit.

Woohoo!