Question about the balcony

Yancey_Elsa

Yep, pretty likely that they can--the dividers are just thin metal or plastic--you can even see around them if you crane your neck. But luckily I've never had a problem with loud neighbors--most people don't actually seem to spend that much time on the balcony except when sailing or docking.

Howdy Yancey Elsa! 05.gif

Congratulations on your first cruise! You will be hooked just as so many of us are! I'm so happy for you to start off having a balcony! It took me 7 cruises before I had one. Sitting out there with that first cup of coffee each morning really starts your day off right!

Don't mean to put a damper on the thrill of a balcony, but there is something else I think you need to know since you have asked about your neighbors being close. If you are a smoker or a non-smoker but your neighbors are the opposite of what ever you are, it may be a problem for you. Please do not let anything ruin the cruise for you! Just read the info below in my signature. It worked for me!

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

Answer to balcony question...you will be close but you won't hear what people are saying next to you unless they are speaking loudly or you are trying to listen...the waves are the sound that you will hear most...and it is lovely...Happy sailing!

When the ship is moving the amount of what you can hear from nearby balconies is less. The white noise muffles quite a bit. When the ship is in port you can hear alot!

That said....I LOVE having a balcony! I love chatting with other "balcony hangers" near me as we prepare and Sail Away from a port! On my recent cruise I became very friendly with the people on the balcony next to me (they were tablemates at dinner) and we would sit on our respective balconies in the AM sipping coffee and chatting through the partition some days. If you don't want others to hear you simply talk more quietly....get closer to eachother :)

When I have a balcony cabin I spend a lot of time out there....BF and I had coffeee in the morning, relaxed in the late afternoon, watched Sail Away, a drink before dinner and a some time before going to sleep out on our balcony every day.

I agree - take a pair of binoculars. I really enjoyed mine last cruise for seeing other ships out at sea, the ports, the sea and the "flying" fish and also Pax who missed the ship in Costa Maya get transferred over via a Pilot Boat after we started to Sail Away :eek:

Congratulations and ENJOY!!

Archived