Concierge Club?

Netnurse31

I've only been in the Concierge Club on Brilliance, but I imagine that the amenities are the same. You have a dedicated Concierge who can make reservations for you at the specialty restaurants, spa, shore excursions and anything else that requires a reservation (ice skating show on the Voyager class ships, for example). There is a continental breakfast served, cappuccino all day, cocktails from about 5:00 to 8:30 or so (no additional charge for your drinks) with hot & cold hors d'ouevres, and a couple of Internet terminals. If there are a lot of C&A Diamond member & suite pax, they sometimes relocate the cocktail hour to a lounge.

I will be diamond on my next cruise - so I will have access to the lounge. Where and when do you get the key?

Thanks!

We just went Diamond Plus two cruises ago. What ship are you on?? We might have some insider information for you.. You should really notice the difference.. If you don't have your Diamond Pins, get them as soon as you can.. They certaIinly carry a lot of weight with the staff. You will get the opportunity to identify one single staff member for extra kudos as you leave the ship. Each one of the Diamond member comment cards are read and graded. It is very important to the crew members..:D

Ricko, we received the Diamond member, cruise staff comment card on our last cruise. We talked about it, but did not feel that any particular staff member went "above and beyond" their required duties. Maybe in the future we will single out a particular staff member for outstanding service.

We received our Diamond pins 2 cruises ago, but it also says Diamond member on your Seapass..:D

are what we got with 2 DIAMOND MEMBER luggage tags. Also love the $200-$300 off balcony or better rates. We even get FREE excursions on our 5/14 cruise (which is a members cruise also). They phone you to ask which you are interested in & we took the 3!

For Elite members of Celebrity, eat your heart out if you don't cruise RCCL, since Celebrity gives -0- to their members. $3.75 per cup for cappucino, watered down drinks that are on the servers tray, not what you really want, so we are back on RCCL since they know how to spoil Diamond, Diamond + members.

How long after you board is the conceirge available? I want to make sure we are at a small table. Should I wait for the concierge or should I go directly to the dining room?

TA requested a small table...but that is no guarantee.

I've only been in the Concierge Club on Brilliance, but I imagine that the amenities are the same. You have a dedicated Concierge who can make reservations for you at the specialty restaurants, spa, shore excursions and anything else that requires a reservation (ice skating show on the Voyager class ships, for example). There is a continental breakfast served, cappuccino all day, cocktails from about 5:00 to 8:30 or so (no additional charge for your drinks) with hot & cold hors d'ouevres, and a couple of Internet terminals. If there are a lot of C&A Diamond member & suite pax, they sometimes relocate the cocktail hour to a lounge.

On the Navigator in December, they had to have an additional lounge set up to handle the overflow.

How long after you board is the conceirge available? I want to make sure we are at a small table. Should I wait for the concierge or should I go directly to the dining room?

TA requested a small table...but that is no guarantee.

Go to the dining room. I don't believe the Conceirge will be able to help you with this unless you're Diamond or Diamond Plus then you are given priority wait list.

I will be diamond on my next cruise - so I will have access to the lounge. Where and when do you get the key?

Thanks!

We just went Diamond Plus two cruises ago. What ship are you on?? We might have some insider information for you.. You should really notice the difference.. If you don't have your Diamond Pins, get them as soon as you can.. They certaIinly carry a lot of weight with the staff. You will get the opportunity to identify one single staff member for extra kudos as you leave the ship. Each one of the Diamond member comment cards are read and graded. It is very important to the crew members..:D

We'll be diamond plus this Dec. Will they know this when we get onboard?Last Dec. we received a crystal something or other for our 20th when actually we had completed 22. We don't have stock and usually pick our cabins. Are there any other perks? Thanks

We're Diamond on our next cruise - - yahoo!!!

What kinds of wines, champagnes and liquor is offered in the Concierge Club? We usually get on early when there is lots of availability in the Specialty Restaurants but would you make your Portifino or Chops reservations through the Concierge on the first day? Our tablemates were Diamond on the Jewel and they really enjoyed the concierge lounge.

Glad about being able to designate one employee for commendation. We had the most fantastic cabin steward on the Jewel and I was able to speak directly with the Head Steward about him at the Platinium/Diamond party. I also put great comments about him and our headwaiter (whe had been employee of the month) on the comment cards as well as other good comments about the rest of our wait staff.

We'll be diamond plus this Dec. Will they know this when we get onboard?Last Dec. we received a crystal something or other for our 20th when actually we had completed 22. We don't have stock and usually pick our cabins. Are there any other perks? Thanks

If they have 2 suites available two weeks prior to your cruise, you will be offered one:D . The gift you received are really for Diamond Plus.. You lucked out. You can pick your dinning table and have it confirmed within two weeks of the cruise date and A choice of flowers, Wine , cake or something like that delivered to the cabin or dinning room..The private club has free drinks each evening and the overflow club upstairs is really the best for us.. You can laugh out loud and the drinks are bigger:) I also like the shrimp and sushi that they have at both venues.

They should know on board, BUT, I would check at the site for your cruise totals. Click on contact us and then C&A, put in your name and password and it will show you your cruising history and cruise points. If you see a mistake, just call them.. We are waiting for them to correct my wife's points now. Anything I can help, please let me know.. ;)

If you look closely at your gold Diamond pins, you will notice that they do have a diamond chip in the middle. You might have to put on your reading glasses to see it!:D

The DP pin is twice as big and a lot of the same size chips. But there are a lot more chips.

I forgot one D,DP perk, The free excursion and BAR-B-Que:D

If they have 2 suites available two weeks prior to your cruise, you will be offered one:D .

Ricko....do you know this for a fact? In the past, according to Barbara Shrut, VP of Customer Layalty, they hold back five cabins in each categorty for last minute sales, or sale at the pier...if more than 5 are available, then they will start giving upgrades to Diamond Plus passengers. Out of four crusies as D P, we jhave received only one upgrade....pretty lame!

Ricko....do you know this for a fact? In the past, according to Barbara Shrut, VP of Customer Layalty, they hold back five cabins in each categorty for last minute sales, or sale at the pier...if more than 5 are available, then they will start giving upgrades to Diamond Plus passengers. Out of four crusies as D P, we jhave received only one upgrade....pretty lame!

That is the number I thought (5), but I called about a week ago and was told it was now 2. Who knows? I can only dream one day I will be in a suite. I certainly will never be able to afford anything above a JS and thats on a short cruise..:D :D

That is the number I thought (5), but I called about a week ago and was told it was now 2. Who knows? I can only dream one day I will be in a suite. I certainly will never be able to afford anything above a JS and thats on a short cruise..:D :D

Well that's good if they have changed their policy. We usually book a balcony, so it is harder to get an upgrade to a suite....for our next cruise, I reserved an Ocean View as there are more opportunities for up grades to balconies than suites. All I really care about is a balcony. Maybe I screwed up if they have changed the rules...but hey, I saved money. The two cruises after that, we have balconies....so we'll have to see how it goes. Did you talk to the D P desk?

BTW, I almost booked the June 19 Jewel you are on, but switched to July 13.

Well that's good if they have changed their policy. We usually book a balcony, so it is harder to get an upgrade to a suite....for our next cruise, I reserved an Ocean View as there are more opportunities for up grades to balconies than suites. All I really care about is a balcony. Maybe I screwed up if they have changed the rules...but hey, I saved money. The two cruises after that, we have balconies....so we'll have to see how it goes. Did you talk to the D P desk?

BTW, I almost booked the June 19 Jewel you are on, but switched to July 13.

I talked to the DP desk. They were extremly professional and helpful. I'm not as brave as you, If I booked less than a balcony, that is what I would get:D .

I wish you had booked the 19th June. We both seem to travel a bit and we could compare notes.. Maybe in the future we will travel together... What has been your best cruise??(OVERALL). The NILE cruise is my tops ever. After that one, there are too many to pick a favorite. Maybe ROME or Let's just say ITALY.. Later :D :D

Archived