Can't find any good deals on Costa

drsel

The only good deal I found was Abu Dhabi/Dubai to Barcelona/Savona on Smeralda in March 2022 and it got cancelled for no reason whatsoever.

Now there are no cruises around South East Asia, Japan, China or the middle East

Other Cruise fares around North Europe and the Mediterranean have gone up significantly.

So, are the Transatlantic Cruises the only deals left?

I tried to book Costa Favolosa Barcelona to Rio in November 2021 for 754.60 uk sterling, it was a external cabin. However when i rang them up i was told that there are no cabins available for solo traveller and try again in a couple of days. This cruise has just appeared on their website and i was trying to use a voucher from a cancelled cruise on the Fascinosa, with the same destination. 

I did manage to book the Costa Fascinosa from Marseilles to Guadeloupe for 896.00 uk sterling in a outside cabin in December 2021 for 21 days, which i think is a bargain.

All the other advertised cruises on Costa are for around 8 days, due to the travelling involved they do not appeal to me . Hopefully more destinations and better deals will be announced soon. 

• Like 1

This is the email you now get when you confirm a booking with Costas new protocols. 

Costa
BOOKING: 2639+++++
USEFUL INFORMATION FOR YOUR CRUISE
Hero Big Title
Dear Gerry,

Thank you for choosing a Costa cruise.
72 hours before departure you will need to access the web check-in where we will ask you to confirm all the guests details. You are reminded that the web check-in is essential for accessing your travel documents and that it needs to be done for all passengers.
Booking: 2639+++++
Boarding: 03/12/2021
Ship: Costa Fascinosa
Disembarkation: 23/12/2021
To ensure the safest interactions amongst guests and crew, we devised outstanding technical and digital solutions ashore and aboard:

WEB CHECK-IN
Every passenger must do the web check-in to avoid crowds and to limit interactions with the crew inside the boarding terminal.

TESTING AT EMBARKATION
All passengers from the age of 6 will be required to undergo an antigen test (nasopharyngeal swab), at Costa’s expense.

SELF-CERTIFICATION FOR EVERYONE
Before boarding, we will require all our passengers to complete a self-certification of your health status.

MEDICAL DECLARATION
The boarding of passengers on our ship is subject to the following requirements and the fulfilment of the following conditions:
• to not be suffering from a serious respiratory condition or require oxygen or the support of a mechanical ventilator
• to not be immunocompromised or undergoing immunosuppressive therapy treatment.

AREAS AT RISK
If you live or, in the last 14 days, have been in close contact (less than one metre distance for over 15 minutes), with people in a hotspot, a RTPCR (diagnostic test) will need to be carried out and, in the terminal, you will need to present the original document showing you tested negative to the PCR. The time between testing and arrival at the terminal shall not exceed 72 hours. To view the list of hotspots (first page) or the countries from which boarding is not permitted (second page), click here.

GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You can find the general terms and conditions at the following link.
Discover MyCosta
mycosta
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Test not longer then 72 hours before arrival at the port will be a serious problem for me. I usually arrive at the city of the port of embarkation 3 days prior to ensure that I and my luggage will reach there on time and it takes me usually 2 days to travel to Europe. Hope there will be testing available in the city of embarkation with results available in 24 hours. Anybody know whether that can be done in Italy?

On 10/30/2020 at 10:16 PM, BVILady said:

Test not longer then 72 hours before arrival at the port will be a serious problem for me. I usually arrive at the city of the port of embarkation 3 days prior to ensure that I and my luggage will reach there on time and it takes me usually 2 days to travel to Europe. Hope there will be testing available in the city of embarkation with results available in 24 hours. Anybody know whether that can be done in Italy?

don't worry the vaccine will be available next year and they will probably ask for the vaccination certificate instead of a test done within 72 hours prior to boarding