FCC use extended by Royal Caribbean

Baynanno1

Part of an email received overnight from Royal Caribbean :

"We know options have been more limited than normal and you may not have had the opportunity to use your Future Cruise Credit (FCC). Not to worry though! We want to make sure your credits don’t go unused, so we’ve decided to extend your Future Cruise Credit until December 31st, 2021. That way, you’ll have even more time to plan that special sailing you’ve been waiting for!

Your FCC will automatically be updated no later than Monday, November 16, 2020 to reflect the new expiration date, so there’s nothing for you to do."

Hopefully this applies across the whole "family."

I believe it means booked by Dec of 2021 and sail by I believe it is May of 2022 

With the current conditions I have requested full refunds on all my FCC and they agreed for all but 2... should be able to use those 2 in the time frame but not the multitude I was collecting....

Hi @Baynanno1

Perhaps  not many people have replied as here in the UK the use of FCCs has been this set up for a while. This was our notification from Azamara way back in April. The date appears to have been extended to sail by May 2022 on this new notification, but we have always had the Dec 2021 date for ‘book by’.

Received April 2020

“As a result of this change, we're providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to re-book a new cruise by December 31, 2021 for sailings departing on or before April 30, 2022.”

Edited by combine
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, combine said:

Hi @Baynanno1

Perhaps  not many people have replied as here in the UK the use of FCCs has been this set up for a while. This was our notification from Azamara way back in April. The date appears to have been extended to sail by May 2022 on this new notification, but we have always had the Dec 2021 date for ‘book by’.

Received April 2020

“As a result of this change, we're providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to re-book a new cruise by December 31, 2021 for sailings departing on or before April 30, 2022.”

Hi @combine

This is the wording on our FCC's for cruises cancelled in March :

"Any booking made using this FCC must be used for a sailing that commences on or before
December 31, 2021.
If the FCC is not redeemed and sailed on or before December 31, 2021, the certificate will
automatically expire
and have no value."

Hence I really would like clarification.

I do know that as things evolved, different offers were made. For example, we did not have the option to lift and shift, or to keep on board perks on the cancelled March bookings.

9 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

Hi @combine

This is the wording on our FCC's for cruises cancelled in March :

"Any booking made using this FCC must be used for a sailing that commences on or before
December 31, 2021.
If the FCC is not redeemed and sailed on or before December 31, 2021, the certificate will
automatically expire
and have no value."

Hence I really would like clarification.

I do know that as things evolved, different offers were made. For example, we did not have the option to lift and shift, or to keep on board perks on the cancelled March bookings.

I have just checked back further in my emails for our 3 cancelled cruises and you are correct , our April cancelled cruise, which we took cash  refund for does actually state ......

“As a result of this change, we're providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to come back and sail with us by December 31, 2021.”

It was our 2 June cruises that had the new dates of April 2022 to sail by. I received that email on May 20th not April as previously stated. I took one cash refund and one FCC.

Sorry  to add to the confusion. 

I asked this question originally because we saw the Covid handwriting on the wall and cancelled our April 2021 cruise before Azamara cancelled it.  For that reason, we were not eligible for either the refund or the 125% Future Cruise Credit. The email we received (for a 100% cruise credit) said we had a credit to be used by December 2021. My travel agent was unable to get clarification from Azamara.